Chapter 3

—POV - Rudeus Greyrat—

It has been a total of six months since my rebirth into the Six-Faced world. Normally, I would follow up this day like any other day before this one.

I would wake up, cry out for my mother—who would then feed me some goat milk mixed with small amounts of water—and then begin my weekly quest.

However, today was different.

Why? You might ask.

Because—

「Heya~! How are you doing, darling???? I hope you didn't miss me too much! *MUAH*」

I heard the loud voice of my girlfriend inside my head, which left me dazed for not even two seconds before I reined in my excitement.

She was finally born!!

I could finally start trying to walk, along with other things!

「I did miss you a lot. Tell me, were you just born?」

I communicated through our mental link. Hmm... weird. I expected the link to consume mana to work. I guess this is a boon nonetheless, so I won't complain.

「Mou~ You go without seeing your cute girlfriend for a long time and you're asking useless questions? Hmph!」

I sweat-dropped at her remark. I was simply trying to figure out when she was born!

「Yeah, yeah. So, how are you doing? Did anything go wrong or something?」

I asked, as I shifted my position on the floor of the living room(?). I moved from a crawling position to lying on my back on the floor. If my mother saw me, I'd at least be able to hide any suspicious behavior by acting asleep.

「Hmm~ Nope! Though it's been pretty fun hanging out with my new family~」

I suppressed the urge to smile at her words. 'Good, it seems she is adapting well to her family already. I am sure with her nature, she will fit right in, so long as she doesn't slip up and reveal anything,'

「That's good. I'm su-」

「Ah! I'll talk to you later, darling~! I gotta go, mom seems to be taking me somewhere.」

I paused as I processed her words. Sigh, I suppose this was fine. I felt the mental connection between us being cut off, as I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling.

'Baby life sucks.'

I couldn't help but think to myself. Honestly. Baby life is so boring. The only thing to do is...

I paused.

Getting up from my position into a crawling stance, I started to crawl over to the stairs, making sure not to be noticed by either of my parents or even Lilia—the maid hired by my parents to help around the house and stuff.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I reached out and climbed a single step, then reached out again and climbed another step higher.

After minutes of taking small breaks and climbing, I finally reached the top of the stairs, whereupon I started to make my way towards the nearest room.

*Huff* *Huff*

What a pain. This body truly has pathetic physical abilities.

Well, I suppose it's better than almost all other bodies of children the same age as me since my body can adapt super fast to things.

Finally.

The wooden door of a room, about which I had no knowledge of what was inside, stood before me, slightly ajar for me to peek inside.