01 - Maybe Wooyoung was right

Mingi disliked two things.

Thing number one: getting forced into a café by Wooyoung because he wants to spy on his crush but is too much of a chicken to go alone,

and thing number two: Yunho.

Yunho (who happened to be at the café every time Mingi and Wooyoung went there too) was surrounded by omegas, and their giggles and eyes filled with admiration never failed to give Mingi chills.

He looked friendly and kind, but Mingi was convinced that this was just a facade , an act - a manipulative way for alphas to get whatever they wanted.

Although Yunho had plenty of omegas around him that tried to catch his attention, Mingi felt this alpha's eyes on him instead, and that more often than he liked lately.

He grimaced. Brushing off gazes that he received from alphas was nothing Mingi wasn't skilled at. It was a completely different story when the person was unavoidable, though.

If it wasn't for Wooyoung, he wouldn't even have stepped inside this café anymore. The sneaky glances (that were not sneaky at all) had gotten on Mingi's nerves by now, but he was a good and supportive friend, so he kept joining him.

Wooyoung was head over heels for the barista named San. He was an alpha, tall, fit, had dark hair, and most importantly, was unmated. Just like so many other omegas, Wooyoung watched the guy with heart eyes, completely dazed and stupid - a thing Mingi never understood.

It was something about instincts Wooyoung had explained one day, that something inside of him could just tell if he laid eyes on a perfect alpha and Mingi shook his head while smiling. Wooyoung must lay his eyes on many perfect alphas then. This is his fourth crush this year and it's only March.

The perfect alpha. Mingi scoffed when he thought back to Wooyoung's claim. To him, a perfect alpha didn't exist. And he rarely even met a decent one. All of the ones he crossed paths with were either disrespectful, full of themselves, pushy, only interested in that one thing, or in the worst case, all of the things listed.

Sometimes Mingi wondered if he was broken or if it was the other omegas that had something wrong with them, but he never felt the urge to shyly flutter his eyelashes whenever he spoke to an alpha. He never felt the need to look extra good around them, and most importantly, never considered sitting with one at a table while competing with other omegas.

He let his eyes shift to the table Yunho sat at when thinking the last thought, and to no surprise, their eyes locked a second later. He sent him an annoyed glare, to which Yunho just offered a smile and then proceeded to pay attention to the laptop in front of him again. Mingi cursed him out inaudibly before crossing his arms.

...

Around two weeks had passed when both omegas decided to go to the club they'd usually go to whenever they felt like visiting one. It was pretty popular among people their age and crowded on weekends too, so it was no surprise that they almost had to hold their breath squeezing and pushing past the people in there until they found their way to the bar.

Music was blasting into Mingi's ears, he felt the beat of the song vibrate on his skin and smelled the liquor smells scattered in the air, as well as mixed pheromones, and scrunched up his nose when an alpha walked past him.

The scent was not pleasant, stung, and burned in his nose, and he was more than glad when Wooyoung leaned into his ear to yell something. The scent of cherry blossoms filled his nose now and he immediately calmed down at his friend's pheromones.