Unfortunately, no matter how much she wanted to find out the truth, Yue Xiao Xiao was already dead, the same with the previous Emperor. The only thing she could do was to find her master's son & take good care of him. Whether he was Xu Fei Yi, that dumb young man or not, she had to make sure to find out the truth. Finding him would be her top priority aside from exacting her revenge when she returns.

'Master, Rong'er will definitely not fail you. I swears that Rong'er will find him. Once Rong'er finds him, I will treat him as a precious sibling, not letting other people bully him. Master.... May you rest in peace. In the next lifetime, let Rong'er pay you with filial peity.'

Thinking of her master, XuanRong could not help but shed tears silently. She was standing straight but her back appeared lonely. An Wei, who was standing behind her, could not help but clench his fists.

He 1st saw her when she was 10. She was stubborn, arrogant and unyielding... but now, she was crying mournfully. He wanted to wipe her tears and bring her to his embrace but he knew, he did not have any right to do so. He could only silently accompany XuanRong in the shadows.
--------
Few days after Yue Xiao Xiao's death, full moon arrived. XuanRong's first full moon with female Gu in her body.

Pain. Too much pain.

XuanRong bit her lower lip. Trying to suppress the scream wanting to escape from her mouth.
She weakly gripped the necklace that was hanging on her neck.

'Master, did you experience twice the pain I feel right now?'

XuanRong could not help but ask inwardly. Relying on the soothing effect of the necklace Yue Xiao Xiao had given to her, XuanRong's pain was reduced by half. Still, it was not enough to relieve her from it. She still suffered greatly. She commended Yue Xiao Xiao for surviving five whole years without relying on the necklace.

'I must find the male Gu as soon as possible. I must find master's son. Although she did not tell me where the male Gu was, I have a hunch that once I find master's son, I would also be able to find the male Gu. Seems like I have to return to the capital as soon as possible.'
--------
"XiaoJie, the carriage is ready." YuShen entered XuanRong's room and curtsied.
"En. Is everything done?"
"Yes, Zou mama already prepared everything."
"Good. Wait for me in the carriage."
"This servant understands."
YuShen left, leaving YuYing and XuanRong alone.
"XiaoJie, are you really sure that it's okay for us to travel back to Zhong Yang[2] without the permission of master? XiaoJie, if master finds out that we disobeyed him, he would definitely get angry at XiaoJie. XiaoJie, let's not leave the manor."
YuYing pleaded. She was afraid that XuanLi would punish XuanRong for disobeying his order. Few days ago, XuanRong decided to return to the capital without sending any letter to the main residence to ask for permission.
No matter how much she tried to pursue her XiaoJie to change her mind, XuanRong remained stubborn. YuYing could only pray to the gods to have mercy with them. She was not the same young girl few years ago who naively thought that Laoye[3] and 2nd Madam both love XuanRong. YuYing knew that once they return, XuanRong would be bullied in the residence.
Instead of staying in a place full of people that were always scheming behind your back, why not stay in a place where one would be safe and away from them?
"Don't worry. Father will not get angry."
XuanRong did not explain anything to YuYing. Even if she tried to explain, YuYing would not understand.
In her previous lifetime, a month from now, someone would arrive from the capital. It was a messenger sent by her father, XuanLi, stating that she would return to the Fu[4] and would attend the emperor's banquet 4 months later.

XuanRong traveled and arrived on the 25 th day of the month of XingYue[5], 5 days after her precious meimei[6], XuanFei, celebrated her 13th birthday. The birthday banquet was very extravagant, many high-ranking nobles were invited in the celebration, even princes were invited, including Xu Ji An. XuanFei's birthday celebration was full of festivities and happiness unlike her own coming of age ceremony that was full of controversy. If not for giving face to her maternal grandfather, XuanLi would never allow her to celebrate since her reputation was destroyed due to the issue of spending the night with the hooligans in Lu Shan. But this lifetime was different. She was able to save her reputation.