5.

Stiles kept a grip on my arm, dragging me toward Scott just after he dragged me away from my locker without any context or an explanation. Anyone else would've pushed him off by now, but after being dragged around for the last few years, I just learnt to accept it.

"Hey, come here," Stiles said, grabbing Scott and pulling us away.

"What's he doing?" Scott asked me with an annoyed look.

"Your guess is better than mine," I said, stopping behind a wall with them.

I leaned around the corner with Stiles and Scott behind me to see Sheriff Stilinski and another officer talking with our principal.

"Tell me what they're saying," Stiles said, pointing toward them.

"Seriously?" I asked, sending him a pointed look.

He grabbed my chin, facing me back to his dad. "Can you hear them?"

I swatted his hand away. "Be quiet for a second," I grumbled, focusing in one his dad's voice.

"We want everyone under the age of eighteen to be in their home by 9:30 p.m. We'd like to institute the curfew effective immediately," his dad said in a hushed tone.

I faced back to his awaiting hazel eyes that were solely focused on me and making butterflies erupt in my stomach. Oh god, this crush was only getting worse.

"Curfew because of the body," I informed him, and Scott nodded his agreement.

Stiles stepped back, throwing his hands out. "Unbelievable. My dad's out looking for a rabid animal while the jerkoff who actually killed the girl is just hanging out, doing whatever he wants." He sent me an apologetic look. "No offense."

"I'm used to your opinion on my cousin by now." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek," Scott pointed out.

"I can do something," Stiles countered.

"Like what?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back against the wall.

"Like find the other half of the body," he said and then turned around, walking away from us.

"Are you kidding?" Scott called out, only earning Stiles' silence in return.

"He's not joking," I groaned, dropping my head back. "Stiles is going to get us either killed or arrested."

I scribbled down my answers for the chemistry homework, only to stop, looking up at Scott's door when I heard the front door open, followed by running footsteps.

"Stiles has arrived," I drawled with a laugh when he threw the door open a second later.

"What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it?" Stiles questioned, sounding like a racing car. "And yes, I've had a lot of Adderall, so..."

"I can tell," I snorted, moving over when he dropped down on the bed between me and Scott.

"I found something at Derek Hale's," Scott said, putting his lacrosse stick down.

"Are you kidding? What?" Stiles asked more questions.

"There's something buried there. He could smell blood," I answered for Scott, relaying the information Scott had told me twenty minutes ago when he got back home. "Maybe you two were right about my cousin."

"That's awesome," Stiles cheered and then froze, turning to my blank face. "I mean, that's terrible," he slowly said and then whipped his head back to Scott. "Whose blood?"