Chapter 9 - Making New Friends

Olivia's POV:

A loud crack jolts me out of my sleep. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I turn my attention towards the source of sound to find a small, bizarre creature looking at me disapprovingly. Am I that repulsive? I seem to be getting a lot of disapproving glances since I came here.I turn my attention back to the creature. It was considerably smaller than a human. It had a bulbous, snout-like nose, bloodshot eyes, many folds of skin and white hair growing out of his bat-like ears. Trying to break the awkward silence, I try to engage the creature into a conversation.

"HI, I am Olivia Jackson, what's your name? "Hoping I don't look like a fool.

"I am Kreacher mistress "I didn't know what Kreacher was, but I didn't want to be rude and decided to ask the wizards in the house instead.

I didn't like it calling me mistress, as it made it look like I was more superior than him. I presumed it to be male.

"Could please not address me as mistress Kreacher?I would like it if you addressed me as Olivia instead "I told him.

Upon hearing that Kreacher started wailing and I not knowing what to do crouched next to him and tried to comfort him, not knowing what I did wrong.

"I'm sorry Kreacher, I didn't mean to upset you "I said feeling guilty. Hearing this he started wailing louder and not knowing what to say or do I began pleading him to stop crying. He stopped crying after a few minutes.

Not wanting to upset him again , I asked him what I did to upset so that I could be careful next time.He told me that he was a house elf and told me all about the crude laws a house elf was forced to follow. Hearing it made me feel disgusted . What other such things are present in the wizarding world?I will have to research on it later.

"Would you want to be my friend Kreacher?,I could surely use a friend like you"

"I couldn't mistress, it would disrespect Master Sirius"He said with distaste.He definitely didn't like his master,who would like to be enslaved their whole life? I wouldn't.

I don't know who master Sirius was but I was ready to face any problem that arised.I wanted Kreacher to be respected and wanted him as a friend.

"Don't worry about your master Kreacher.I will talk to him" I was going to when I got the chance.

"I want you as my friend and I don't want you to call me mistress ,ok?" I ask,hoping he is convinced.

"Okay Olivia" he says timidly.Happy that he listened to me , I smiled at him.He gave me a lopsided smile and disappeared with a loud crack when a voice called out his name from downstairs.

With that over with,I made the bed and went downstairs in search of the others, I hadn't been able to get introduced to the others last night and want to do it now. Slowly I descended the steps, taking in my surroundings.The house seemed to be 18th century with a vintage look. Out of nowhere two boys appear in front of me with a loud crack.Startled, I found them looking at me sheepishly. I recognised them as the twins holding bats last night.They apologized and kept rambling about how they were distracted and didn't see me coming blah,blah,blah.

They were blushing and looked embarrassed.Failing to hold in my laughter , I laughed out a little . They looked relieved that I wasn't offended . Why would I be?It was an accident.

"It's ok guys"I say to the twins.

"My name's Olivia,What's Yours?"I ask them.They looked like troublemakers and reminded me of the stoll brothers.

"I'm fred and I'm George " They say collectively.

"Pleased to meet you guys"I say.

"Do you like pranks ?"Fred asks me.Recalling my prank wars with the stoll brothers i reply chuckling.

"Yeah,I love them"

Upon hearing that their faces light up and George pats me on my back .

"Welcome to the club Liv "he says.I chuckle a little at the nickname.

"You ok with us calling you that ?"Fred asks.These guys are adorable.

"Yeah , i like it"I say, happy to have made friends so easily.

"Come on, Let's get you some breakfast and get you introduced with the others" George says.They lead me down the stairs to apparently where everyone is eating breakfast.

I can hear laughter coming from the kitchen.

"YOUR HAIR'S OUT OF CONTROL , YOU NEED A TRIM !"I hear someone yell. It sounded like Mrs.Weasley.

"Oh , Bill's here .This is going to be entertaining "Fred says and we walk into the kitchen.

I witnessed an amusing sight as Mrs.Weasley is forcing a guy with long hair into a chair.

"Hiya Bill.I love the look your pulling off"George says, chuckling.

"He's Bill. Our older brother who works at Gringotts in Egypt as a curse breaker"Fred tells me.

"Good morning, Olivia dear"Mrs.Weasley says her tone soft, unlike it was a minute ago.

"Good morning Mrs.Weasley"I reply.I was eager to get to know these people and to get some breakfast.I was starving and didn't even realise it.

I sat next to the twins who began chatting away almost immediately. Mrs Weasley handed me a plate and asked me to help myself .To my surprise the table was filled with many different dishes .There was toast, marmalade ,scrambled eggs and a lot more.I picked out some a couple of pieces of toast and put some marmalade on it .As I started biting into the toast,a bearded man rushed through the door .

All the laughter in the room died down and a feeling of dread filled its place.Not knowing what was going on, I abandoned my toast and diverted my attention to the man.The man looked around the room and when his eyes found mine , a feeling of hope rose into his eyes.His demeanour told me that he was honored to have me here.But why would he be?Unless he knew who I really was..but that was impossible.I made sure of that.

Maintaining my composure I looked at him,face expressionless while my heart was racing.

How did he know who I was and how was it going to affect me?

I intend to find out...

Hey guys,

Thank you for reading this chapter.Hope you enjoyed it.It is a little short than I intended to be but considering my busy schedule and severe writers block , this was the best i could do.But no need to worry as I will be uploading more chapters soon.Love ya'll 🤗😊💕