Some Fatherly Advice

Start from the beginning

My eyes go wide, we have to pay for this??!

Thanks for the heads up Chaewon.

I start checking my pockets, but no cash. I then take my phone case off and take out the ten dollar won that was underneath it.

I'm not the only one who does this right?

The guy gives me an odd look but takes it anyways giving me my 4,000₩ in change back.

I slip the change on my phone and put my phone case back on it before walking into the arena.

And it was almost like I stepped into a whole new place.

There were people.. EVERYWHERE.

I didn't know so many people came to these kind of things.

I'm not saying there were thousands, but at least two-hundred.

You might think that's not a lot, but for me, that was a lot.

Instead of the place being it's..

How do I put this..

Kinda maybe boring.. plain self, it had lights, and the once empty seats were now filled with people.

Most of them weren't parents though, I could recognize a lot of kids from my school.

As I look at the groups of high schoolers, I see a couple girls with these shirts with faces on them.

When I take a closer look, I see Yujin, Aeri, Minjeong, Chaewon, and even Ryujin.

The girls even have their own fan club!!

I take my seat in the back...

Alone...

Near the concession stand.

Hey, I know I will be going there sooner or later, it's less walking so why not.

I look around for any sight of the girls but the team is probably warming up in one of the back rooms.

As I wait, playing games on my phone, I get more nervous by the second.

What if she gets mad?

Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

Is it too late to leave now?

But I spent a good 6,000₩ on this I can't leave.

Maybe a refund?

I can say that I was sick?

But I force myself to stay seated.

Maybe food will calm me down.

I stand and go up to the concession stand and pay for a bag of potato chips then sit back down.

As soon as I open the bag, the lights go dim.

An announcer welcomes everyone here and starts to talk.

But I wasn't really paying attention, the potato chips, I mean the 25% potato chips plus the 75% air was calling me.

Whenever he was done saying what ever he said, I watched as the rival team came out first.

There were applauses, there were boo's and there was the sound of crunching noises.. my potato chips.

The announcer introduces them first, announcing there names and what not.

Next, came out the girls team. I actually applauded along with the other fans applauding.

I watched as they were also announced.

I squinted my eyes a little to find the girls.. out of well.. the group of other girls.

I was first able to detect Ryujin, the smallest of all the girls.

Then, quickly after, Yujin who was the tallest.

It was a little harder to find Aeri and Chaewon but once I found one of them I found the other because they were standing right next to each other.

But no Minjeong.

Seriously, why do all the girls need to wear the same protective gear? I mean, I know they are a team but still.

I see one of the girls looking frantically around the stadium like she was looking for something, or someone.

I watch her for some odd reason as I shove a big handful of potato chips in my mouth.

And at this exact time, we make eye contact.

It was Minjeong.

Her, looking like her handsome bad girl self..

And then there is me, just shoved a handful of potato chips in my mouth.

I go by chipmunk.. Jimin the chipmunk.

Don't I just look attractive right now.

Wait.. It's Ningning who look like a chipmunk, anyway...

As we still make eye contact.. I slowly swallow the.. crushed potato chips.

At least I didn't start choking.. that would have been more awkward.

After a couple seconds of eye contact, I start to feel nervous.

Is she trying to say that she doesn't want me here?

Oh my gosh she is!!!

She is trying to death stare me!!

What do I do??

I look down at my lap breaking the stare.

I refuse to look up until the announcer calls the first match, between Ryujin and a rival.

I look up to see Minjeong no longer looking at me, but at the match, she's eyes trained hard on every move that was happening.

I feel like this is going to be one heck of a day.