"Sir, someone is waiting for you in the lounge" my assistant greeted me as I walked out of the office.

I quickly nodded and went there. I saw a woman sitting on the couch. I cleared my throat before speaking. "How may I help you?" I asked softly.

"Hey, Mr. Cortes!" my eyes widened at the sight. "Don't you recognize me?" she chuckled softly.

"Avery? What are you doing here?" she approached and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hmmm, you smell nice!" I quickly moved her away from me.

"Tell me, why are you here? I thought you had a job in Paris?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah, but I quit. I want to work in your company. Sabi ng kaibigan natin... you made changes in your company," she said with a smile.

I rubbed my forehead. "Seryoso ka ba sa sinabi mo? Do you really want to work for me?" I asked again.

She nodded without hesitation. "I can start with the basics. You know me, I can do anything."

I sighed deeply. "Alright, let's talk tomorrow. I have a meeting to attend to—"

She cut me off. "I'll come with you then! I want to be your assistant! I heard that you're too busy, and above all, you're taking care of a child. Ohh.." she paused and spoke again. "I want to see your children, hehehe!"

I approached her and covered her mouth. "Shh. Baka marinig ka ng mga empleyado---"

"Don't tell me, hindi nila alam---" 

I just nodded, making her to stopped. "Come with me. Ang daldal mo masyado." nauna akong maglakad at sumunod naman siya sa akin.

I checked my watch again. Hindi ako pwedeng ma-late sa meeting.

Nang nasa parking lot na kami, bigla ulit siyang nagsalita.

"Wow, you're not the Prince that I knew in Paris. You've changed so much.." she said, sounding incredulous.

I just laughed a bit. "Yeah."

"Having a child to look after, really changes a person, huh?" patawa niyang wika.

I smiled. "They give me a different kind of strength."

Pumalakpak siya. "I can't wait to see them! Good thing I found out you have kids. Otherwise, I might have tried to steal you from the woman you liked, HAHAHA!" she teased.

Napailing ako. "Baliw. Where's your car?" I asked her.

"Oh, yeah! Nandoon! I don't want your wife to get jealous of me, she might think I'm flirting with you.." she joked again. pagbibiro niya pa.

Napatawa na lang ako at pumasok sa loob ng kotse ko. "Sundan mo lang ako ah." saad ko bago pinaandar ang sasakyan at naunang umalis.

Avery is a good friend. I guess Scarlet won't be jealous of her. It was only the other day that I told my friends in Paris that I have a child. They were shocked and couldn't believe it. Some were angry at me because I left without telling them. I also told them that I would make it up to my family. Yung iba, nagalit sa akin dahil raw umalis ako noon nang hindi ko alam. At sinabi ko rin sa kanila na babawi ako sa pamilya ko.

Biglang may tumawag sa cellphone ko. It's Lisa.

"Yes?"

"Where are you? Still busy?" she asked in hurry.

"I have a meeting. I'll be there at 3."

Narinig ko ang marahan niyang paghinga. "Alright, buti na lang nandito mga kaibigan ni ate Scarlet. Sige na kuya, bye na. Buti hindi ka pa niya hinahanap pfft Haha!" pagtawa niya.