34: Forgiven

CHAPTER 34

Forgiven

PRINCE POV's

"Are you going to the event?" Dad asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I just need to finish what I'm doing,"  mahinahon kong sabi.

Today is the SB charity event, but here I am in the office, working. I informed Scarlet about it, that I have an investor to meet after this.

Dad sighed deeply. "Son, thank you for doing your best for this company. You'll be a great CEO of Cortes Haven Realty. You proved your change in front of the board of directors yesterday," he said, applauding as he spoke.

I smiled. "Thanks, Dad. I made mistakes in our company before, so I want to make amends and change everything. Kagaya ng bagong pangalan ng kompanya." I chuckled softly, remembering what just happened yesterday.

He laughed lightly. "You're right, change is necessary." He stood up. "When do you plan to marry Scarlet?" taas noo nitong tanong.

I choked on his sudden question, and cleared my throat. "Binyag at birthday ng mga bata ang uunahin namin." I managed to say.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's difficult. Maybe you should talk to Chairman Imperial. Eros, I know you're afraid of him. But don't be. Tell him what's inside your heart. I know you're sincere. Prove it to their family, especially to her" he said calmly and seriously.

Hindi ako takot kay Chairman, naghahanap pa ako ng lakas ng loob para harapin siya.

I was about to speak, but he interrupted me. "You're a Cortes, you can do anything. Trust yourself. Do you know that no one in our family is weak?" he said with a grin.

I nodded slowly. "I know, Dad. I'm just looking for the right time to talk to her grandfather" I admitted.

"It's up to you now. After all, you're already grown up, kaya makapagdesisyon ka na ng maayos. I talked to Lee earlier, and it seems that, he's no longer mad at you."

"Naisip ko na rin iyan. But he's still insisting on Scarlet marrying into the Villaflor family," I insisted.

He chuckles. "You can't blame him." He tapped my shoulder. "I'm leaving now, I'll attend Scarlet's charity event. Okay, bye." tumango lang ako sa paalam niya.

I took a deep breath before continuing my work.

Dad's right. I need to talk to Chairman Imperial. Gusto ko siyang kausapin, ng personal. Kaya kinausap ko si Scarlet kagabi at tutulungan niya raw akong kausapin ang lolo niya. Habang tumatagal, hindi ko na nararamdaman na may galit siya sa akin. Sana, tanggapin niya ako... hindi lang ama ng mga anak namin, kung hindi, parte ng buhay niya.

After a few minutes of working on the blueprint, I stood up and organized the papers I would bring to the meeting with the new investor. I checked my watch, and it was already 1 PM.

'I hope Scarlet won't be mad at me.'

On Valentine's Day, I gave her a simple gift, and I saw that she liked it. Despite the changes she has gone through, she still appreciates the simple things.
I remember back in high school, I always saw her smiling whenever someone gave her a gift or something. She cherished her gifts— she cherished everything. That's why I love her.

Yesterday, while she was not at home, I couldn't help but enter her room. I saw the box I made for her. It's a jewelry box filled with diamonds and pearls. But she doesn't wear them.

At ang nasa loob nun ay ang litrato naming dalawa.

It means she still hasn't forgotten me. I want to marry her, but I won't rush her. I want her to fully forgive me.