The Secret is Revealed

Greetings, dear readers! It's KaleidoMirror once again.

I must confess, I have two stories pending for Alex-Keller's writing contest, both from different franchises in which I plan to participate soon. Despite having less than a month to submit them, I'll give my best to deliver them as promptly as possible. In the meantime, I'll focus on finishing the upcoming chapters of this new saga, refining every lingering detail.

I hope you enjoy this offering, crafted with sincerity and a profound appreciation for the works and franchises of Sailor Moon and Fate/Stay Night.

Minako let out a sigh, averting her gaze from Rei. Her fingers nervously toyed with the edge of her skirt, reflecting the tension that filled the room. Discomfort was completely painted on Minako's face.

Rei, lying in her bed and dealing with sneezes caused by her cold, watched Minako with a mix of curiosity and impatience. Strange sounds from the temple's kitchen and occasional meows from Artemis only added to the confusion on Rei's face.

"Mina, could you explain... what the hell just happened?" she asked, trying to maintain patience as her eyes shifted to the kitchen, where mysterious noises persisted.

Minako, persistent in her attempt to avoid confrontation, tried to dodge the question. However, her efforts faded when a stuffed bear flew towards her, hitting her in the face. Taking the improvised projectile with grace, she straightened up, facing Rei's inquisitive gaze.

With her mood turned chaotic, Minako felt cornered as she realized her best-kept secret was about to be revealed. "Humph... Maybe I managed to fool everyone with excuses and half-truths," she pondered, admitting that this small mistake could be a blessing in disguise.

"I wonder what surprise Shirou-kun has prepared for us this time," she commented, bringing a finger to her chin as she let her imagination fly about the culinary possibilities.

"For once, be serious, Mina!" Rei exclaimed, frustrated with Minako's carefree attitude. However, her guard didn't last long against her friend's nervous look, and in the end, both ended up in a chorus of laughter that managed to ease the tension in the air, allowing both sailors to calm their spirits before moving forward.

"Well... to be honest, I don't even know where to start explaining it all, but..." Minako took her phone and examined it for a few seconds before handing it to Rei, "maybe the photos can speak more about him than I could."

Rei silently observed the phone, letting the images capture her attention as the mystery began to unfold in the photographs Minako showed her.

At first, Rei hesitated to take the phone, feeling a certain confusion, unable to comprehend her friend's seemingly senseless actions. However, her curiosity led her to look at the screen, and soon, she found herself immersed in a world of images that challenged what she thought she knew about Minako Aino's personal life.

The room, shrouded in a soft morning dimness and illuminated by the light of a Japanese paper lamp, provided the perfect setting for this revealing moment. Some shadows, unnoticed by anyone in the room, danced fleetingly along the walls, disappearing in the same way they had emerged.

Slowly, Rei examined the photos on the phone, feeling how her perception of Minako transformed with each image.

At first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary: pictures of Artemis and some snapshots of the gang enjoying their routine adventures. But as she scrolled through them, the abrupt change in theme became evident. It all started when the first image caught her attention, making her reconsider everything she knew. Navigating through the gallery, she found an abundance of selfies where Minako happily posed alongside the mysterious young man currently in the kitchen. Among them, a Halloween-themed photo stood out, with both dressed as demon and angel, sharing a conspiratorial smile directed at the camera.