1.

"What happened this time?" Sheriff Stilinski asked me, an unimpressed look on his face as he stood on the other side of the holding cell in the Beacon Hills police station.

At least twice a month I could find myself here, so I knew he wasn't surprised to see me. But it still didn't ease the punch to the gut I earned every time I looked at his disappointed face.

I sent him an innocent smile, knowing he's disappointed. "Got caught parking in a non-parkable zone," I answered with a shrug, getting to my feet with my school bag in my hand. "I told the officer I would move, but apparently that's not good enough."

He sighed, unlocking the cell door. "Are you sleeping in your car again?"

I halted, avoiding his eye contact as he opened the door for me. "No, I was just reading," I lied, hoping he would buy it.

"You don't read," he deadpanned, knowing me better than I'd like. "This is the third ticket you've gotten in two weeks for parking where you shouldn't," he stated, stepping back to allow me to pass him. "Does Scott or Stiles know you're sleeping in your car again?"

"Technically it's not my car," I said, changing the topic as I walked past him. "It's registered in my father's name so by law that means it's his car."

"Riah, I'm being serious." He reached out, grabbing my elbow before I could make it out of the station. "If you're having trouble again, then you know Melissa or I would allow you to stay with one of us," he said gently as I faced him.

I nervously bit on the inside of my cheek knowing he was serious. Ever since I'd met Stiles and Scott, their parents had taken me under their wing. Was it out of pity or the need to care? I still don't know the answer.

"I know," I said with a faint smile. "But I'm fine. A friend is in town, so I'll be staying there for a while." And that was the truth. Only, it wasn't a friend, it was a family member that I still needed to find.

He let go of my arm, looking behind me with a raised brow before looking back at me. "Well, I've got a job I need to do, and Stiles is already waiting for you outside."

"What?" I whipped my head around, looking outside to the darkness where I could see a familiar blue jeep parked near the doors in the rain. "I've got a car," I started, looking back at Sheriff Stilinski. "There was no need to call—"

"Your car was towed," he cut me off and I groaned. "Look, you'll get it back in a few days, but until then, you'll have to either walk or get a lift from my son."

"Fine," I mumbled, walking toward the doors. "Just give my ticket to your son and he'll give it to me," I said over my shoulder.

I pushed open the glass door, shivering from the cold that my jeans and white cropped shirt barely kept me warm in. The rain drizzled down against my skin, and I jogged toward the jeep before throwing the door open to a smiling Stiles.

"You got arrested again?" he asked, taking my bag from me and throwing it into the back where I spotted Scott sitting with a questionable look.

I climbed in, sitting in the passenger seat before closing my door. "Your dad already told you, didn't he?" I raised a brow at him.

He smugly smiled, reversing the jeep. "Maybe," he said, and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't even surprised. "He's just worried about you, that's all."

"I'm fine," I said, putting on my seatbelt and then turning around in my seat to look at Scott. "If you're here this late at night, then that means you two were up to something."

"It was his fault," Scott said, pointing at Stiles.

"What? Me?" Stiles dramatically scoffed with an offended look. I sent him a pointed look and he threw his hand up. "It's not always my fault."