morning sickness

"Oh, god." You groaned as you put your forehead on the countertop. "Being pregnant is no fun so far."

Selena cracked a sad smile as she came over to you and began to brush her hand across your back soothingly.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Can I do anything to help?"

"No." You mumbled before lifting your head and looking at her. "Thank you for offering and for being here for me though."

"No need to thank me, my love. It's what I'm here for." She said before leaning in to kiss your temple softly.

You put your head on her shoulder as she held you in her arms, trying to comfort you as she held you close.

You closed your eyes and breathed in, causing her perfume to fill your nose.

Usually, that is a comforting scent.

But today, her perfume seemed to make your stomach turn.

"Oh, not again." You mumbled as you pulled away from her.

You hurried out of the kitchen and down the hall to the downstairs bathroom, where you knelt on the floor in front of the toilet and began to vomit yet again.

You've been dealing with morning sickness for what feels like forever though it's only been a couple of weeks now.

It happens several times a day and so many things trigger it.

And now, you can officially add Selena's perfume to it.

You were so lost in throwing up so much that you didn't hear Selena coming down the hall and appearing in the bathroom.

You didn't notice her there until you felt her hand brushing against your back soothingly.

"I'm sorry, baby." She whispered. "I hate seeing you so unwell but it breaks my heart that my perfume made you sick."

You let out a shaky breath as you finished for a moment and you shook your head in response to her.

"It's okay, Sel. I love the smell of your perfume. It's so comforting. But the baby seems to hate it, that's all."

She chuckled and kissed the back of your neck softly.

"Okay then, I'll be sure to put it away after today and find something else."

"Or... just to be safe, you could go without perfume for a bit." You suggested.

"Good idea, baby." She smiled.

You went to say something else when your stomach turned again.

You vomited as Selena held your hair back and whispered comforting words in your ear.

"There we go, baby. Let it out." She encouraged.

It was horrible and lasted far too long, causing Selena's heart to break.

But, when you finally finished and your stomach settled, you flushed the toilet and leaned against Selena in relief.

"I know being pregnant is hard so far. I hope it gets easier for you, my sweet girl." She whispered. "I'm so proud of you, if it helps at all."

"Thank you, baby. That means a lot." You said as you opened your eyes, gazing at her with a small smile.

"Can I do anything to help you?"

"I think I want to go back to bed for a while."

"That's understandable. Come on, darling. I'll help you." She spoke as she helped you up.

You stopped at the sink so you could brush your teeth and then you exited the bathroom after finishing a moment later, thankful that the minty taste was overpowering the disgusting taste that had lingered on your tongue after being sick.

Selena helped you up to bed and under the covers before kissing your forehead a few times, softly and lovingly.

"I hope you feel better soon."

"Me too." You sighed as your heavy eyes slipped shut.

"Get some rest. I'm going to try and find a way to get rid of this perfume on my skin then I'll be up to cuddle you."

"Sounds perfect. Love you." You mumbled as you drifted off to sleep.

"I love you more."