002 | No way

Clover sat criss crossed on the porch of Cabin 11. Her My Little Pony shorts and tank top set pajamas were soft against her skin and her hair was tied by a bandana into a loose ponytail. It was still dripping wet from the showers, but the warm air was quickly drying it.

She hummed gently to herself as she set her cards down in their needed positions. She could hear her cabin mates laughing from inside. And occasionally she would see other campers walking around. It was late a while after singalong with the Apollo cabin. Clover chuckled as she remember Mary's miserable face as she sang begrudgingly with her siblings.

Quiet shuffling grabbed her attention and she briefly looked up to see Percy Jackson walking towards the cabin. He looked a mix of confused and irritated, which seemed to be a normal thing for him. She didn't say anything to him as he passed and neither did he. He made it to the door his hand on the handle, the sound of their cabin mates as they prepared for lights out was loud.

So he hesitated.

"They'll calm down in like 10 minutes," Clover spoke not looking up as she begin her card game. Percy sighed quietly and slowly walked over and sat down on the steps looking at her. She didn't look up as she felt his eyes boring into her.

Another couple of seconds passed between them before he finally broke the silence, "So uhh what are you playing?"

"Osmosis," she flicked her eyes up as she answered and saw his eyebrows furrow, "It's like solitaire."

He nodded and watched as she played. His gaze landed on the back of the cards. They were a deep golden bronze each, and they seemed to shimmer in the moonlight.

"Those cards are pretty cool,"

"Thanks, gift from my mom," That made him sit up brimming with questions.

"Tyche right?"

"Mhmm."

"So uhh you guys are close?"

Clover stilled cards bending in her clutch. She finally looked up after ignoring his gaze for most of this conversation. The game she was playing forgotten,"I've never met her."

This only seemed to further Percy's growing confusion, "oh."

She shrugged her shoulders, but the game remained forgotten as she continued to stare at Percy, "It's whatever, I mean these cards are cool and so are the other games she's given me."

"Other games?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head to their cabin, where the voices had finally started to settle, "All those board games stuffed under my bed, they're from her."

He was quiet for a moment mulling over what she said, after a moment his face contorted into an expression she couldn't place, "So she sends you all these things but she's never come to, I don't know, visit?"

She sighed and looked away, she begin to gather up her cards. It was getting late and she no longer wanted to play.

"Yes."

"That doesn't make you mad?" She turned to him eyes blazing with icy rage, but Percy was sure that the rage wasn't directed at him, well at least not entirely.

She stood dusting off her shorts and walked into the cabin. Percy was not far behind her. The two didn't talk as they made their way to their respective beds.

Clover sighed quietly to herself as she sifted under her covers. The cabin was silent except for the occasional snores here and there. She looked up at the bottom of the bunk above her, her eyes landing on the small glow in the dark stars that decorated the bunk. She grimaced.