i.

Cassia rolled on her skateboard down the sidewalk, slowly approaching the tall and slightly-scary military school that loomed over the surrounding area

Cassia rolled on her skateboard down the sidewalk, slowly approaching the tall and slightly-scary military school that loomed over the surrounding area. She wasn't alone however, her pet hellhound, Gilderoy, or as she liked to call him "Roy", followed her loyally.

The Saint Bernard, being not the normal hellhound breed, was cast out from his litter and, when he met Cassia, had unofficially claimed the girl as his owner and followed her wherever she went. She didn't mind, in fact she loved the company it gave. She didn't have to be alone if Roy was right there next to her.

You might be wondering, why was she skating towards a military school that she probably didn't even go to? Well, she was going there for an extraction mission. She heard from her friend Annabeth Chase (daughter of Athena) that she and her two friends, Percy Jackson and Thalia Grace (son of Poseidon and daughter of Zeus respectively), would be going to a military school where their other friend, Grover Underwood (a satyr) was with a lead for potentially one or more demigod children.

Being the nice person she was, Cassia offered to go help out. After all, she had gone with Grover and Chiron when she was twelve for the extraction mission of Percy Jackson himself, and that wasn't an easy task. But even when she had (kind of) tried to befriend Percy to make the extraction a bit more easier, he somehow found a way to think that she was trying to bully him and Grover, despite her being friends with the satyr.

She expected it to be easy, but knew that nothing really ever goes as planned in the life of a demigod, so she wasn't really afraid to summon her thin-bladed sword, Dream Eater, if a threat was expressed.

She finally reached the school and, after taking in the view of it, pulled out her small cyber-shot camera that she got a few years prior and took a picture. She then put the camera away and sat down on a nearby bench, slowly dazing off into sleep. Roy lay on the ground next to her feet, and despite Cassia's tired insistence that he sit down next to her on the bench, he didn't leave the ground and took a nap.

The sound of doors of a car opening and closing caught her attention, because when she opened her eyes and looked over, Cassia spotted Annabeth, Percy, and Thalia all getting out of a car, presumably Percy's mom's car. The daughter of Sleep stood up, pulled on her backpack, grabbed her skateboard, and began to make her way to the one girl out of the three that she knew.

The blonde girl caught sight of her and grinned when she saw the girl.

"C.C.!" She exclaimed, running and tackling the girl in a hug. Cassia froze, she wasn't much for physical contact and always felt uncomfortable when someone hugged her or held her hand or, in general, touched her. Annabeth, who seemed to have picked up on her friend's uncomfortable mood, quickly let go and apologized.

"No, no, it's okay.." Cassia replied. She noticed Percy and Thalia jogging to the two, and she sent them a small smile, being the nice person that she was (despite one of them most likely not liking her at all).