They had their agreement.

But Diana and I, too, had ours.

No interfering in one's personal life, but maintaining our family image in public was the crucial one. We had a contract too about how long it will last.

One year to test.

And I fucked it up by not giving in.

We didn't want to give any chance to the paparazzi even though there aren't many articles about me

***

    "Are you sure that you are okay?"

Avery asked me for the second time as we were waiting for everyone to arrive in the conference room.

"I'll be fine, really. I had painkillers before you came here."

Even though I was convincing her, I was not so  sure myself because even though I had pills, my head was throbbing really badly.

But I had to stay focused in the whore conference so I ignored my body which was screaming for me to rest.

"I hope you are right because you look like a zombie right now. "

She came behind me and massaged my shoulders, and it was a little relieving. A minute later, we were interrupted by the knock.

The face I was expecting to see at the
conference slightly opened the door.

"ooh, it's you, Har? What's the matter?"

Avery was quick to talk to her. All smiley. I was thankful, but it was weird how she was welcoming to this Harper girl, and I was sure that it was genuine.

"the chairman said that he will not wait for you today. "
Harper replied and left without another word. I turned to Avery to ask her about what's been bothering me in the last few days.

"am I am really uncomfortable to be around? Like kind of scary or something?"

she looked taken aback by my question and raised a brow.

"Why all of a sudden? Does it matter if you change?"

I fixed my coat preparing to join others.

"Of course not. It's just that people don't seem to act as they normally do when I'm around."

Her eyes brightened with mischief, and I regretted asking her anything.

"Are you realizing what an asshole you are now? Interesting. Like... "

I cursed because I knew what was coming. I strode towards the door before she could utter a word, and I heard her laugh hard.

This woman!

I ignored a judging look my old man was sending me and took my seat.
Avery took a seat beside me and the conference as well as the presentation resumed. I took a small glance opposite me.

Counting three chairs was seated Harper, but something was off about her. She was not focusing, and she looked uneasy.

She was fidgeting with her fountain pen. I was not sure if it was nervousness. Caleb was already in the middle of talking, but I couldn't help asking Avery whether she knew what was wrong, but she had no idea as well.

I decided to ignore her for a moment and tried to focus on the presentation.

    Roy's crop has been dealing with jewelry and accessories for as long as I can remember. It was a multinational jewelry corporation that had a reputation in all continents, including Asia and Australia.

For a few months we opened a branch in Arabs but it was not famous yet. My father and his partners started from scratch, but the first ending was misery until he decided to start again alone.

I was proud of my old man even though we bickered a lot, but he's really a great man.

**

I rubbed my eyes furiously, trying my best to make them concentrate on the work in front of me.

The conference ended well but not very well because neither Avery nor her new favorite Kimberly girl was happy.

The proposal they had been enthusiastic about weeks ago was not chosen by the shareholders. Everything was fine about the presentation, but there was nothing I could have done to change it.

Her presentation was even more understandable and simple than others, which were presented in the meeting, but she was not able to convince the shareholders.

Her mind was not with her throughout the whole meeting.
As soon as we ended the meeting I invited her in my office but she was not coming, maybe because she was blaming herself.