Chapter 13: Dino

"Okay, breathe in... one two three.... Hold for a second... now exhale, one two three four five six... in, two three... out, two three four five six!" Minghao says as he demonstrates, looking at me. I followed along as closely as I could, wanting to get this right.

It's just like learning a new dance. You count along to stay on track and after a few times you've got it!

Or... in this case you feel better.

I tried it again by myself before I smiled at Minghao, "Did I do it right?"

Minghao nods happily, "Perfect! You can even add a little head nod with the counts to move your body, sometimes that helps anxiety too. Or tap your foot like a dance. You just keep going until you're grounded and calm! Try it for a little and get comfortable with your own rhythm."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I'll be doing this no problem soon! Just you wait Minghao!

One two three... hold... one two three four five six...

"WE GOT IT!!" I jumped at the yelling and the door being thrown open. I opened my eyes, seeing Mingyu as he ran in, "WE GOT THE APARTMENT BUILDING! IT WAS APPROVED!"

I heard Minghao gasp, "Yaaaay!!! But you just ruined our meditation and it looks like you scared Chan to death."

"Oops... sorry Chan! But... we own a whole apartment building!!" Mingyu says happily jumping around.

"It's okay." I smiled at him, "But that's amazing! We're all gonna live together!"

Minghao looks at me before getting up and holding his hands out, "Where are the others? Or are you the only one here?"

I took his hands and got up with his help. Where is everyone? Mingyu was at band practice?

Mingyu turned around, "Oh, I guess they're all somewhere else, probably looking for everyone else."

I never did get the chance to tell Vernon that I wasn't gonna be in the room I'm normally in...

"Let's go out into the lobby! Everyone will eventually end up there!" I said, if they're not all already there waiting.

"Good thinking! I think they were grabbing Soonyoung from his office so that's probably exactly where they are!" Mingyu says happily, grabbing Minghao and I by our hands and pulling us out with him.

I couldn't help but start laughing as I was pulled out. I had to run to be able to keep up, but I was feeling really excited. I looked over to smile at Minghao and he started to laugh too as we followed Mingyu to the lobby.

He let us go and I saw that Soonyoung, Seokmin, and Seungkwan were all holding hands and jumping around in a circle, all three laughing happily. Mingyu ran over to join them.

I smiled brightly at everyone, not really knowing what to do. But that's okay, I love seeing everyone so happy and I don't feel like I'm an outcast... But where is...

I gasped as suddenly I was being picked up. Vernon then spun me around and I started laughing again, holding onto him by the shoulders.

"WE GOT ITTTT!!!"

Vernon carefully put me down before kissing all over my face, "We get to be a big happy family forever!"

After Vernon stopped kissing me, I stopped laughing, "It's going to be amazing! All of us together!"

Vernon smiles happily, "We're gonna go to Stray Kids to celebrate! Everyone! Let's go! I'm so excited!!!"

"Let's just all try not to get really drunk." Jeonghan smiles at all of us.