Chapter 9: Vernon

Suddenly Joshua grabbed me and dragged me outside through the band exit, everyone following us out but Chan. I just stood there as everyone started yelling about it, my mind completely clouded with the look on Chan's face when we met eyes.

"What the fuck was that?!" Joshua yells.

"I thought that song was about Jennie?! That sounded like it was for Chan!! Especially since you changed the lyrics!" Mingyu says confused.

"About Jennie!?" Seungkwan shut the door, "I brought Chan here tonight so you two can talk and you're singing a song about your bitch ex!?"

Jihoon shook his head, "That doesn't sound like a song about her..."

Seungcheol grabbed me by the shoulders, getting my attention, "That was definitely for Chan. Especially since you guys have been having your weird issues. Tell us what's going on!"

"You guys haven't been talking and Chan hasn't left his apartment in awhile! Seungcheol and I have been trying to tell you both that you guys like each other!" Jeonghan says, looking at me with eyes full of concern.

"And you've been thinking he likes Changbin but this whole time he's been just as upset as you and now you write a song like this and perform it for Chan?!" Seungcheol adds.

"And since Minghao woke him up and drove him home from Tiger Pounce, he hasn't been back... Not even after we decorated his locker... I checked the cameras to make sure he didn't get hurt but Monday night he just... sat there... He was waiting for you to show up and had fallen asleep." Soonyoung told everyone, looking at me with a pointed look. I froze then, he hadn't been dancing? Why was he asleep at tiger pounce?

Joshua gasped, grabbing Jeonghan, "WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS?! WHERE THE HELL DID THE CHANGBIN THING COME FROM?! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT ANY OF THIS?"

"Umm... uh..." Jeonghan looks over at Seungcheol, a scared look on his face, "Cheolie... help..."

I slipped out of Seungcheol's grip as he moved to carefully remove Jeonghan from Joshua's grasp, stepping back away from everyone, mumbling quietly, "But he said he liked Changbin... and that picture... no way he's upset... he was happy in the group chat..."

Joshua turned towards me, releasing Jeonghan fully, "WHAT PICTURE? HE DOES NOT LIKE CHANGBIN?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS WAS WHAT WAS GOING ON?!"

"...the one you sent me..." I mumbled sadly, thinking about it again. How my best friend had sent me a picture of the boy I like with his apparent crush.

"Oh god... Joshua... Channie was already very tipsy, almost drunk. He chugged his drink. He had a blush on his face already and we took a picture of him with Changbin and he couldn't stand up straight, this is our fault..." Jeonghan rambled.

He was drunk?

"What?! What do you mean! There was nothing that..." he quickly pulled out his phone, probably looking at that heart breaking picture, "oh fuck... it does. HANSOL VERNON CHWE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT'S WHAT YOU WERE THINKING?! I COULD HAVE EASILY TOLD YOU WE DID THAT AND WHAT WAS HAPPENING!! Chan was drunk!! Not in love with Changbin! For Christ's sake!!!"

"But... then he said he likes a rapper... while he was here with you guys watching 3racha..." I said, looking down, wondering why they would have sent me all that whole watching them if it wasn't him saying he didn't like me.

"YOU ARE A RAPPER!!" They all yelled simultaneously, causing me to look up in realization that I am, in fact, a rapper.

"He was talking about you! AND WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS LET HIM TRY TO CONFESS WHILE DRUNK!?" Jihoon yelled at Joshua and Jeonghan.