The Battle That Changes Everything

"Everybody still alive?" Second asked, not really expecting much of an answer, given the narrow escape with their lives they just went through.

"Barely," Dark grumbled. "I'd be doing a hell of a lot better if we weren't fighting Purple's biological father, who's supposed to be DEAD!"

"Oh, shut up," Second snapped. "That was our only other choice to save Purple."

"Sure it was." Purple deadpanned.

"It was!"

"Whatever. We just have to find Navy, and defeat him." Second said. "Then, we find King and the others, take care of the rest, and we're home free!"

"Aren't we gonna defeat Night Shade first-"

"You know what I mean." Second shot him a look. After Purple had told them Night Shade had to be their secret weapon since he somehow had Regeneration abilities, Second had been formulating a plan on how to defeat all of them. Permanently.

"What about Willow?"

"We'll find her afterwards."

"And how is that going to go?!" Purple snapped. "Knowing that King and the others currently have a spy in their group, aka Willow's brother, and they don't even realize it!"

"You mean Agent Fernando?"

Dark and Second turned to see a hooded figure, barely at the midway point between Gold and Yellow's colors.

It gave Purple shivers, remembering this was exactly how he and Gold met.

"Gold?" Dark stared at the figure for another moment, before retracting his statement. It couldn't be Gold! Their color was too bright, in comparison to his own.

"Yellow?" Second asked.

"Sunny." The figure said.

Suddenly, everything made sense to Purple.

"Willow's best friend?"

"Yep."

The three shared a glance. "Shit."

King glanced around another hallway. With the seven stories worth of a building to explore, and no time to do so, they had to go quickly if they were going to find the others.

All the while, he couldn't help but notice how...off Fern looked. He continued glancing around the building, like guards lurked around every corner they went around.

Eventually, Scarlet, the person who spoke up about almost anything, confronted him about it. "Okay, Mister Paranoia, the hell is going on?!"

"W-What?! I don't understand what you're on about!"

King sighed. "Don't play dumb, Fern," He said. Pausing after looking around to make sure they weren't going to catch any attention, he continued, "You keep looking around like guards are looking around every corner, you keep freaking out at the slightest noise, and every time one of us brings up Sunny, or anyone we're searching for, you freeze up!"

"And you keep looking at the sky, or at least above us, so are you hiding something from us, or what?"

Fern look at him, a mix of astonishment, and offense, mixed in his expression. "Why would you think I'd hide something from you! We've been friends for years!"

"And that means something to you?!" King snapped. "You're hiding something, I know it!"

Fern looked at the ground for a moment, allowing the others to figure out what was happening.

"Willow, I think your brother is hiding something." Red whispered.

"He's gotta be hiding something. Why else would he act like this towards us?!" King whispered angrily.