Blackness

Purple couldn't remember when the hell Orchid had shown up, but she had, and something clicked in his brain, and he had no idea what to make of it.

Their final battle played on repeat in his head over and over again. The battle he had sworn she had died in.

Had she escaped somehow?

She couldn't have!

"You know what, Orchid? Maybe you were right." Purple said, still refusing to stop the staff's power.

"Oh, was I?"

"Yeah. Maybe I am worthless, and weak, and nothing but a good for nothing useless brat who does nothing but bring shame to this entire family! Maybe I am a disappointment, and it was all my fault that Navy abandoned us!"

"Oh, so you finally admit defeat, huh?" She smirked.

"In your dreams!" Purple said, the course of where he was going changed drastically. "I've been told the complete opposite of those phrases ever since this entire thing started, and you know what? I actually believe the opposite of what you and your disappointment of a family think of me!"

Orchid tried to gain the upper hand, but it was no use.

Purple had a major advantage.

"Get her ass, Purple!" Dark shouted.

Purple's eyes shone a dark violet as Orchid realized how far she was from victory.

And how close Purple was to it.

"NOW EAT THIS, SUCKER!" Purple screamed, launching an enormous energy blast at Orchid, engulfing the area in a large, bright light.

"PURPLE LOOK OUT!" Dark screamed, launching a fireball at the energy ball coming from Orchid's final attack.

Dark ran forward, catching the unconscious stick in his arms, and almost getting caught in the blast, rattling the boat.

"Shit!"

Second beat Dark to stopping the energy beam, as he fired the green fireballs at Orchid.

"THIS WILL NEVER BE OVER, PURPLE! WE WILL STILL BE HERE!" She yelled before she disappeared into the blinding light.

She must've escaped if she was alive and still after him.

There had to have been some type of glitch. She couldn't have survived that beam!

Hell, Purple had barely survived the one she had thrown at him just hours prior to that fight, and somehow, the void had taken them, allowing them a chance of survival.

And suddenly, the void had taken him again, leaving the others defenseless again Navy and his team.

Or army, whatever he would call it.

How could they have let Orchid get away?!

Night Shade was one thing, the others couldn't stop him even if they tried...and they had tried, and their lives had been taken in the process, so he must've gotten her out of being killed.

That meant as long as they had Night Shade, killing them permanently would've been impossible.

Wait...

Purple took that realization into consideration. "As long as they have Night Shade...killing them permanently was impossible...that's it!"

Navy and Orchid weren't the real threat, it was Night Shade!

"Only took you a crap ton of battles to get us to realize that Night Shade is the biggest threat here." Purple muttered to himself.

He had to get out of there. Fast.

"This won't last forever, Navy. Nice work on getting a son that figured out your secret weapon."