Chapter Two

Boston, Massachusetts Saturday, June 29th

I finish packing my last suitcase and drag it downstairs with my other two. I have my headphones in trying to listen to the music but I keep thinking about Hannah. I close my eyes and remember Monday night at the restaurant.

~~

"ZACK!!!" I open my eyes and see Hannah.

"Hannah?" I ask. I quickly rub my eyes and when I open them back up she's gone and I'm alone again.

~~

I haven't been able to stop thinking about her, I keep thinking back on childhood memories, I can always picture them so vividly but nothing has come close to what I saw that night. I told my mom about it and she told me that she still sees Dad sometimes when she thinks about him hard enough but that I would get used to it and know it's not real. I knew she was right but it just felt so real.

Ten minutes later that taxi pulls up in the driveway. I grab the first two suitcases and I see the trunk pop open. I put the two in the trunk and go to grab the third with my carry-on backpack. I shove the third suitcase in the backseat with my backpack. I get in the passenger seat and smile at the taxi driver as I put my seatbelt on.

"Logan Airport?" He asks me.

"Yes" I say quietly putting one headphone in, trying not to be rude but making it clear I was not in the mood for conversation.

I pull out my phone to send a quick message to mom.

Mom

Me:

Leaving the house now for the Airport.

I'll call you when we land.

Mom:

Okay, sweetie! Love you.

Have a safe flight

Me:

Will do. Love you too.

I hit send and check the time, 4:53 pm. That means we should arrive at the airport right at 5 pm, giving me an hour and twenty-five minutes to get through security and check in. I put my phone back in my pocket. I close my eyes and just get lost in my music.

I open my eyes when I feel the car pulling to a stop. I look out the window and see we're at the doors.

"Thank you" I say unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out to grab my things. out of the back seat. I put it on the curb. I then grab the two suitcases out of the trunk and set it next to my other bags. I go up to the driver's window and hand him a Twenty and a Ten. "Keep the change" I tell him.

"Thank you" He says and then drives off.

I walk over and grab a cart for my bags. I load everything in, throwing my backpack over my shoulder.

"How can I help you?" The lady at the ticket desk asks as I walk up. I open my phone to the QR code with my ticket on it and show it to her.

"Just checking in" I say as she scans the QR code.

"Perfect" She says and turns around to the printer. "Here you are sir" She says handing my tickets to me. "And 'you'll be at gate 8 down to the left" She said pointing down the hall.