"I was tricked o vicious one."

"How?" Drac demanded in a tone Mal had never heard.

"The witch said she was working for a dragon." He snorted pig-like.

"A false dragon!" one of the goblins shouted.

"A fake! A phony!"

"True goblins can tell the difference!"

Drac raised a hand which silenced the room. As he lowered it a green flame appeared in his palm and Grimgar looked to the floor bowing his head. Drac turned to the flame and wiggled his fingers, watching the fire the way an adoring mother looked at her newborn. Mal could see the inner conflict in her brother behind his tough mask. He knew he had to make a statement. Something that would run through the Isle's gossip chains and remind people he was still cruel. That the lord to be in Auradon that they saw on television wasn't the only side of him. That he was still someone to fear.

"Killing you would be the punishment my mother would choose." He said and a murmur of agreement went through the goblins. "It's the punishment my father would approve of as well."

All went silent. Even Mal held her breath. Everyone in the room looked to Drac, no one knew who his father was and they were waiting to see if they were about to find out.

Drac looked around the room at all in the crowd. "A man who Maleficent, the mistress of all evil, found worthy. How wicked would you think a man like that could be?"

No one replied.

"And I am the child of them both." He stepped down from the stool and took a couple steps toward Grimgar. The goblin was shaking by now expecting to be burnt to a crisp any second.

Drac lifted his hand and Mal covered her mouth in shock. Then her brother threw the fire across the room into the fireplace setting it ablaze.

"But that's too simple."

The goblins began to murmur again in agreement. Drac looked to the nearest one. "How many boats are now at your disposal since the embargo was lifted?"

The goblin grinned, his yellow cracked and crooked teeth glowing in the green firelight. "Enough."

Drac turned back to Grimgar. "Ship him to the Isle of the Doomed and never let me see him again!"

The goblins erupted in evil glee as they grabbed Grimgar and dragged him out, squealing, snorting and making a bunch of other sounds no creature could imitate. Drac turned and headed back into the tunnel, when the curtain fell behind him he looked to Mal.

"You learned how to hold your own." She commented unsure of how else to address the situation.

"If I didn't remedy that then anyone would think they can turn on me."

"Us." She reminded, "You're not alone this time."

"But you need to remember how to step up your game."

The sentence was harsh, but it was true. Mal gave another single nod.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

"Jay!" Ben called to him as they rushed down the stairs after night had fallen. Ben tossed him the car keys to the limo as Carlos and Evie hurried behind the king. Then Ben threw him the most important part, "Remote."

"Wait!" Evie exclaimed, "Something's wrong."

They all looked around for danger or any chance they had been caught. But then Evie fixed the blue beanie on Ben's head and the studded jacket she had given him when she reworked his look to fit in on the Isle.