|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ Wᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ Nɪɢʜᴛ|

Start bij het begin

Would she have lost a million dollars if she accepted my help? No right? But still, how can she? Afterall her ego doesn't allow it.

'Mujhe jitna rona tha maine ro liya hai, ab zindagi bhar rone ki baari aapki hai.', she declared, her voice was hoarse. 

I snapped at her, my face dark.

(I had cried which I had to. Now it's turn to cry all life long.)

'Jo zindagi bhar roya ho, use ab rone se darr nahi lagta. Lekin tum jaisi shehzaadi yeh kaha samjegi.', I called her out for her statement.

(The one who has cried all his life, isn't scared to cry anymore. But a princess like you won't understand it ever.)

Her sharp eyes softened, immediately. She opened her mouth to speak several times, but having no answer, she always ended up shutting it. 

She was flabbergasted, it seemed. 

Dejected, she looked away from me, and likewise.

The rest journey passed with tranquillity. The only resonances heard was the running engine of the car, and the jingling sounds of her jewellery whenever she moved. 

Without wasting a second, I jumped off the car when it halted at it's destination. Walking the other side, I opened the door for her, who was struggling with her heavy outfits and jewellery.

I forwarded my palm to her, and without being a drama, she held is softly and helped herself out.

Huff! At least now she's not in the mood to fight.

Her unembellished and her stable lips, curved into a smile when her eyes fell on the enhancement and the garnishing out here, with flowers, lights, crackers and draperies.

She giggled gleefully, in a low tone, as the flowers showered on us from all possible directions, and hand in hand, with baby steps, we slowly found our way to the main door.

Doing our kumkum tilak and aarti, chachi placed the rice kalash with a gold coin on it's top. With her right feet, she softly pushed the kalash to the ground, spilling the rice. Followed by the red sindoor liquid.

She held her lehenga up till her ankles and stepped into the house, leaving the red prints behind. 

Moving in, we carried on with our post wedding rituals, which included the koda-kodi ritual too. And to my dismay, she managed to win it, followed by the dinner and soon after she was taken by my cousins to get ready, and I was dragged away by my brothers.

✨✨✨

'All set for your wedding night?', Viraj threw his arm across my shoulder, followed by a wink.

Gaping him for few seconds, I threw his arm away from me, and continued adoring myself in the mirror. 'Yeah. All set to run and sleep after this long and tiring day.'

He rolled his eyes over my statement. 'Tch, such a bore and unromantic person you are bhai. Who the hell sleeps on wedding night?'

Looking up at Nihaal, I raised my brow. 'Why Mr. Nihaal? Is it stated in the constitution that sleeping on the wedding night is a crime?'

'Nope. But it's definitely a crime under the constitution of marriage. And wedding night is a once in a life time opportunity.', Mahir whined, and I narrowed my eyes over his statement.

'I seriously don't understand this belief. I mean what's so special in having sex at the wedding night?!', I didn't hesitate, did I?

'Uff my virgin ears. Hesitate bhai, hesitate.', such a drama this Nihaal is.