Chapter 3

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew looked around the restaurant and was pleased with the crowd that was in attendance. It was a wise decision to invest in the chain of restaurants because it was a lucrative business. Matthew loved being able to give to the homeless with the leftovers at the end of the day. He was a giver and appreciated the simple things in life. 

His focus had changed in the last two years after accepting Jesus in his life. He wanted so much more for his life and yearned for his wife and someone to share everything with. He was a strong advocate of praying God's will for your life. He was looking for an extraordinary woman whom he could grow with in his walk with Christ. 

Matthew had not found her yet. He hardly dated and trusted his gut before allowing people in his life. Nevertheless, he wanted all God had called him to. 

As a part of the management, Matthew sometimes interacted with employees and customers to get feedback despite not having to be directly involved in the day-to-day operations at the restaurant. 

As Matthew began walking through the restaurant he stumbled upon a conversation that made him aware of others perceptions. 

"Did you see him?" Leslie declared pulling Charlotte close to her. "See who?" Charlotte asked. "Matthew Newman," Leslie continued. 

"He rarely comes in here" Charlotte indicated. "I know. He is very inclusive and does not do much of social media," she added.

"Do you think he is seeing anyone yet?" Leslie continued. "How am I supposed to know this? Doesn't he keep a low profile? Besides, last time I heard about him he was big on faith now," Charolette indicated. 

"He is here looking fine like always," Charolette said. "Well, a man like him will soon have a lady on his arm," Leslie advised. "Now stop daydreaming about him and let's wait on these tables," Leslie stated. Charlotte nodded and followed her friend to the kitchen. 

Matthew stood silent absorbing the comments that were made. Hearing some of the staff's opinions about his love life was interesting.

He just had to be patient and know that God knew his name and had the right woman for him.

Matthew was snapped out of his thoughts when his phone lit up with a message. His business partner invited him to a charity event and  encouraged him to come.

He sighed wondering how his night would end. All he knew was that God would grant him the desires of his heart if he remained committed and focused on the things of Christ.