🖤 : Wrong Accusations and Coming Clean

Start from the beginning

Eddie was thankful that despite them getting off the wave, Liza had continued to have a rather affectionate and boundary-obscured friendship with him. It meant that not much had to be adjusted when they started to date. Steve, however, was a whole new experience for him. The first two days of the new dynamic were hesitant, both boys not quite sure what the other was comfortable with. It took Liza rolling her eyes and calling them out on their stupidity for them to realise that they were very similar in love languages. Physical touch, meaningful words and quality time were their main ones, there was very little difference in what they wanted and needed out of a relationship. After that it had been smooth sailing between the three. Eddie's mind was brought back to reality when he felt someone straddle his waist and cover his eyes before he could see who it was.

“Guess who.”

“Too light to be Steve, skin's too soft to be him as well.” Eddie grinned as he slid his hands up the person's thighs. “So I'm gonna go with . . . My favourite Witch?”

“Correct you are, Rockstar.” Liza said, moving her hands to rest on his cheeks. She leaned down to press four quick kisses to his lips that had Eddie smiling. “Why are you down here all by yourself?”

“Well, it's my day off but my boyfriend has to go to work and my girlfriend was supposed to be at work.” Eddie raised a brow at her whole reaching up to tug on a curl before tucking it behind her ear. “I'm assuming Mick sent you home?”

“I swear if that man keeps sending me home while paying me like I have worked a full shift, he's going to put Dexter's out of business.” Liza rolled her eyes, giggling when Eddie grabbed ahold of her waist and sat up so they were now face to face. “One of these days I'm going to tell him no, just to see what he does.”

“Well considering he treated you like his daughter, I'm pretty sure he'll just ground you.” Eddie chuckled, earning him a light smack to his arm. “Hey! I'm telling Mick you hit me!”

“He's not gonna do shit!” Liza scoffed. A copy smile spread on her lips as she hung her arms on Eddie's shoulders, getting closer to his face. Lowering her voice, she spoke again. “Are you?”

“Right now? No.” Eddie shook his head, wrapping his arms around her so he could pull her flush against his chest. “No, we can wait until Stevie gets home. I'm sure he'd love to join in.”

Unbeknownst to them, they were not the only ones in the house. Dustin has been in his room for most of the day and now boredom has set in making him want to spend time with Eddie. He made his way down to the basement only to stop on the steps. His eyes widened slightly at the scene on the couch. Eddie held Liza's face as she sat straddling his thighs, the pair were talking but Dustin couldn't hear them over the music. The way that they were gazing at each other set Dustin on edge and he didn't know what to do, so he turned around and made his way back up the stairs quietly.

~x~

Pacing back and forth in his room, Dustin thought over what he just saw. He was sure it was a fluke, a trick of his overactive imagination. He also had no clue what kind of boundaries Steve had when it came to Liza and her friendship with Eddie. What he saw may be perfectly okay and he wouldn't know it. Dustin recalled every interaction between Liza and Eddie since she had gotten back with Steve that he could and found there seemed to be a very fine line on what was and wasn't okay. He could see the look Steve would give when Eddie got too handy or when Liza got too close to crossing a line and there was no pattern.

Hearing Liza and Eddie in the kitchen, Dustin decided to investigate further before jumping to conclusions. Last time he had done so, it ended up hurting his sister and friend and he didn't want to do that to them again. Sneaking down the stairs, Dustin peered into the kitchen to find an image that would be  into his brain forever. Liza was sitting on the counter with Eddie between her legs, clearly kissing without a care in the world if they got caught. Liza's hand was buried in Eddie's hair as his were placed very high in her thighs. That was enough for Dustin.