| x. DIAGON ALLEY

One month passed since Cedric's death and everyone seemed to forget about everything that had happened

One month passed since Cedric's death and everyone seemed to forget about everything that had happened. People were living their best lives, not knowing that just dark shadows, Voldemort waited for them. Victoria spend the first month of summer at her house with her parents. When her mother heard about the news from Dumbledore, she didn't want to let her out of the house, but somehow her father managed to convince her mother. It was a long fight, but in the end she agreed to let her daughter out of the house.

"Mom, I promise I will be careful!" Victoria pleaded her mom, who was leaning against the kitchen counter. She had a frown on her face, but after a moment she sighed.

"Fine, but..." She stopped, walking up to her daughter and putting her hands on her shoulder. "If you see something strange, run."

She rolled her eyes and nodded, before turning around and putting on her black hoodie. She put her wand in her pocket and with one last look at her mom, she walked out of the house. The girl sighed and started walking towards the place where Diagon Alley was. Her mind was racing with thoughts of what is gonna happen this year at Hogwarts? She thought about every possible scenario that involved Voldemort in it, but these thoughts disappeared as soon as she stood in front of the wall that led to the Diagon Alley. She tapped her wand on the bricks two times and after a few seconds she was able to walk in.

She hid her wand in her pocket and slowly made her way to Sugarplum's sweet shop. The inside of the shop smells sweet, like cotton candy and lollipops. She stepped towards the counter with chocolates, deciding to pick some for Ron, since he loved candy. The girl grabbed two Chocolate Frogs and Exploding Bon Bons, before moving onto Chocolate Cauldrons for Harry.

The girl walked up to the cashier and waited for them to wrap up the box of her goods. After a minute she paid and left the shop, hoping her friends would like their small gifts. The second place she decided to visit was Flourish and Blotts, a bookstore.

As soon as she walked in, the aroma of parchment and old books filled her nose. She wandered around the shelves, looking for a book for Hermione. Suddenly her eye caught a very interesting title, she picked up the book and smiled softly. Without a second thought she stepped towards the cashier and placed the book on the counter. As she waited for them to wrap up her gift in a paper, she saw a familiar face walk in the store. She sighed and turned around, hoping that he wouldn't notice her.

"What a surprise," The boy grinned, leaning against the counter, scanning her figure. "Didn't think I'd see you here."

She paid the cashier and turned around to leave, the boy following her closely. "Why?" She asked, walking out of the shop.

"I thought you preferred muggle books," He put his hands in the pockets of his black coat. The boy snatched the book from her hands, reading the title. "Curses and Counter-Courses, huh? Who are you going to curse?" He gave the book back to her.