| iii. PROFESSOR MOODY

Victoria closed her book with a slam, making her friends jump up

Victoria closed her book with a slam, making her friends jump up. She put the book back in her suitcase and looked out of the window, her mind was filled with the images from the night of Quidditch World Cup. She couldn't shake off the bed feeling no matter how hard she tried. The Dark Mark left a permanent picture in her head that she couldn't erase. Why would someone cast a spell like that? Is Voldemort coming back? What's the reason for all of it? These questions were lingering in her mind as she tried to look for an answer, but she couldn't find it.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by an old lady who was selling candies. Ron and Harry bought a few things as Hermione was focused on the newspaper, ignoring everyone around her.

"How can they not know who did it?" Hermione questioned with a frustration in her voice. "There was no security?" She scoffed.

"There was, dad told me," Ron stated, chewing loudly on his candy.

The girl snickered, seeing Ron struggle to speak. "You're gonna choke on that if you keep speaking while eating," She exclaimed with a small grin, earning a quiet chuckle from Harry. "I don't want to perform CPR on you."

Ron frowned and shook his head. "I'd rather die than let you do CPR on me," He joked, chewing on his chocolate.

"I think Hermione would be happy to perform CPR on you," Victoria laughed, glancing at the girl who blushed but quickly covered it by the newspaper she was reading.

"I would never, that's disgusting," She said, her cheeks and neck red.

Harry and Victoria laughed loudly, looking at each other with playfulness in their eyes. They wanted to tease Ron and Hermione, but the train came to a stop and everyone started leaving it. They grabbed their suitcases and stepped out of the machine, looking around the magical place. Victoria was the first to walk up to the carriage that would take them to Hogwarts and as soon as she saw the famous slytherins she cursed under her breath and clutched her bag tighter. She could see Hermione clench her jaw and Ron look around nervously, while Harry just glared at Draco.

"Well, well, well..." Draco started, chuckling mockingly. "Who do we have here?"

"Piss off, Malfoy," Harry hissed out, stepping forward.