| vi. GLADRAGS WIZARDWEAR

Just as Victoria was about to put the book on the shelf, she heard a voice behind her

Just as Victoria was about to put the book on the shelf, she heard a voice behind her. Two voices actually. She sighed and turned around to see Ron and Harry, who were looking at her with hope in their eyes. She slowly walked to her table where Hermione was sitting and grabbed another book to put it back in place. Ron cleared his throat and hit Harry's back slightly.

"What do you want?" She asked as if she walked through the library, looking for the right shelf as the boys were following her.

"We were thinking..." Harry started nervously, fiddling with his hands. "If you could accompany one of us to the Yule Ball?" He asked quickly, looking at her with hope.

Victoria stopped in her tracks as she slowly turned around to face her friends. Yule Ball? She totally had forgotten about it. She was so engrossed in her studies to the point she forgot about one of the most important events in Hogwarts. "Uh... I don't think I'm gonna go," She replied slowly, putting the book back in its place. "And if I decide to go... I won't go with any of you."

Ron and Harry groaned and shook their heads, hope disappearing from their eyes. "See? Told you, she wouldn't agree," The ginger shook his head, folding his arms. "We will be the only ones without dates."

"Can't you go to the ball with us? Us three?" Harry pleaded as they walked back to the table.

The girl shook her head, taking a seat next to Hermione, opening one of her books and starting her homework. "Sorry, boys, but no." She said quickly, not sparing them a glance.

The boys groaned once again and walked out of the library, muttering something under their breaths. Victoria and Hermione continued to write their essay for potions, since Snape didn't want to give anyone a break and he bombarded them with homework that takes days to finish. The girl was so focused on her work that she didn't even look at the clock, but after a few hours she was done. It was dark outside and it started snowing, signaling that the winter was coming. She quickly gathered her things and walked out of the library with Hermione following her closely.

"Do you want to go dress shopping with me tomorrow?" Hermione asked out of sudden as they slowly walked through the empty corridors.

Victoria hesitated, not exactly knowing what to say. She wasn't planning on going to the Yule Ball, but she was willing to go shopping. "I'm not sure if I will go to the ball, but I can go dress shopping with you." She responded, scratching the back of her neck.