My First Secret

Tw: strong swearing

Friday 8th June, 10:15 am

"You know I'll never judge you Eeds." I said.

"So...Aiden wanted to do some things with me." She smiled weakly, "And I didn't."

I was getting angry but kept my cool because I wanted her to know I won't judge or do anything.

"When I said I didn't want to, he called me a slag and then - I'm sorry." She sniffed.

I moved closer to her and embraced her slowly.

"It's okay." I said calmly while rubbing her back.

She wiped her tears and continued to explain. "He pinned me down by my wrists and slapped me around the face."

"I'm so sorry that happened Eeds. I wish I picked up my phone sooner instead of arguing with my mum." I said as I felt so guilty, she let go of me and her eyes were red again and her glasses were steamed up. I took her glasses off her face and placed them carefully on my bedside table.

"It's fine. You didn't know." She said as she wiped her tears with her sleeve.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you." I said. I pulled her in again and she cried softly into my chest.

It's not even like she could have fought back, Aiden's a bit smaller than I am and Eden's tiny. She's 5,7 and not very strong. I'm 6,2 and an aspiring bodybuilder. I'd say Aiden's like 5,10 or 5,11 and a bit weaker than me so measure that up against Eden and she's helpless. Aiden and I never got along but now this has happened we really won't get along. He's gonna end up with a broken leg tomorrow.

"Eden." I said.

"Yeah?" She sniffed.

"I'm going to break his leg at school." I replied with a smile.

"Please." She laughed.

"Nah, I won't, I'm not that horrible." I laughed.

"Okay, Dan." She replied with a small laugh.

"I promise, we're gonna fix this." I promised.

"Thank you." Eden hugged me again.

"I believe everything you say Eeds, you've never lied to me."

"Dan! Eden!" My dad called, "Food's here."

"Okay, we'll be down in a minute." I called back. "You okay to go down?"

Eden rubbed her eyes once more and put her glasses on, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Okay," I replied.

We went downstairs and Eden took her food first and sat down at the breakfast counter where Lily was happily munching. I then grabbed my food and sat next to Eden. I got lost in thought about what Eden told me, I couldn't believe I didn't see the signs.

Lily was happily chatting to Eden about her dolls while they ate. It was sweet, I love how well Eden and Lily get along. It took me a few minutes before I came to a realisation, I didn't want Eden to have anyone else, hug anyone else, kiss anyone else. I wanted to protect her from everything that could go wrong in her life. I realised I loved Eden more than I should, more than best friends.

Obviously, I kept this to myself otherwise it would have been a bit inappropriate to tell Eden I developed romantic feelings for her after she told me she almost got raped. I can't believe I said that so casually. It seems ages ago now but I remember exactly when she told me.

"Hello? Dan?" Eden waved her hand in my face.

"Sorry, what?" I replied after I snapped out of my trance.