Epilogue I

Start from the beginning

"It's my Haldi today. Have some shame and put my bhabhi down," Abhay chided, trying to get back at Kabir, but closed his mouth as soon as Meera and Kabir snickered, knowing what blunder he made.

"Look who's talking," the husband and wife sang in unison, remembering the live view they saw yesterday. Kritika, Abhimaan, and Vihaan looked at him with raised brows as they saw the man in question blush.

Abhay rubbed his nape, seeing all of them giving him teasing looks. His mind wandered back to the embarrassment he faced last night, though all he could actually remember was his mouth sucking his iris.

Meera was walking down the corridor, deeply involved in a conversation with her assistant on the phone, as she quietly slipped away from the bustling hall to attend an important business call. The Sangeet ceremony of Abhay and Isha had just ended and everyone had started to disperse for dinner. She had a lot of arrangements to make as when asked to hire an event manager, Kabir had turned to his wife and asked, "It's been years since you experienced the satisfaction of living your dream. I know you run an event management department as well, but it's not the same as being the reason behind every smile at the celebration. Live it again Meera. We'll hire a team. Lead them. Neither I have nor I will witness a better event planner than you"

Meera was happy where she was but Kabir wanted her to steal a little more of what every tidbit of living wholeheartedly that she deserved. She was already flying high in the air but a little swing that makes her laugh aloud doesn't hurt, does it? He just wanted his wife to accomplish what she uttered as a joke once. "Dekhna kisi din tumhare ghar ki har shaadi mein sirf Meera ka jaadu chalega." Her words, long forgotten, stayed inside his head like a book memorized by heart.

From now to this day he has been her back. She ran along all day smearing colors of her magic all around while he and Kiyaara ran behind her instructing her to take breaks. Feeding her food, making her take naps, and not letting her over-exert herself was their job. They were a family who took care of each other not as a duty but as an initiative towards self-satisfaction. Meera was about to cross the empty lanes to enter her chamber when someone held her by the waist from behind and rolled her inside a room. She couldn't even make a sound as dominant lips crashed down over hers, sucking her in. Her eyes closed on their own accord as she breathed the spicy scent of her man down her trachea. She responded, pulling him closer and making him groan. He nibbled over her lower lip as he tasted the sweetest dessert of all time. The empty room welcomed them with powerful gleams of moonlight, drowning them in its essence. Lost in their world of ecstasy, they parted as the need for oxygen chased them with as much passion as they were devouring each other.

Joining her forehead with his, she whispered, "What are you doing here?"

"Was starving for my dinner. So came to have you" he winked, making her flush to a deeper shade of red. She looked at him with her heart in her eyes, thanking god for blessing her with a man like Kabir. Kabir turned her around as they swayed to the music tuned in by the moonlight and sang by the stars. Kabir's lips slowly descended on her neck as she breathed heavily under his touch. His tongue slowly glided over her shining skin, tasting the flavor exclusively designed by god for him to relish. Before his hands roamed over her bare waist as he pushed aside the dupatta hanging down her shoulders could reach the strings of her blouse, they heard a moan. Alerted, they looked at each other before coming back to their senses.

"Ahh Iris...you drive me crazy," Abhay's grunt made them look at the locked cupboard wide-eyed.

"Oh god...Ah...Ah..." Isha moaned, and they both wanted to scramble outside as soon as possible knowing the soon-to-be-married couple was making out inside but heard, "Tell me I am better than him"