3 ~ Is it for real?

Kabir's POV

Kabir's POV

It has been two months. Two freaking months since I have been trying to talk to her. Every time I try she just shuts me up with four words: 'It's Ma'am for you. The confidence and courage that forms an integral part of me vanish in thin air as she gives me the vibe that she is nothing except my boss. It makes me feel that I have lost my right over her. There is no way in this whole damn world that I am letting her go. Again...

To know the place and adapt to it, you need to mingle with the crowd and judge their taste. I did exactly the same. Amid the office gossip, I hear people calling her heartless, arrogant, rude, tyrant, and whatnot but the most prominent name was Angelic witch. What a name, that is practically an oxymoron! It was made of two completely contrasting words that don't get along. The reason was simple. She was their savior and livelihood provider. She was the one who helped them when in need. Then why a witch? Because she was very particular about her work. When you are working you are supposed to only work. She wanted Jack to be a dull boy.

She threw the employee out as soon as the second mistake was announced and their pleas went to deaf ears. This all made her a witch. The witch who cast her first spell on me now I can't think of anything beyond her. Her place in my heart is irreplaceable. I am thankful to god that I am breathing in the same place as her. The thought itself makes me feel alive. My mind wandered to the day when we met for the first time. Walking towards her was a bet. Don't curse me. I was definitely a playboy but not a heartbreaker who played games to get girls. The bet was nothing but the start of a pure and raw friendship.

********

"Kabir man, hurry up! The first lecture starts at 10. That bald man has been allotted to us again. He is gonna teach business fundamentals this time. Bloody impudent man!" My best friend, Nikhil Rathore shouted. I combed my hair with my fingers and stepped out of the washroom not giving a damn to his loud voice.

He gave me a you-can-never-change look and I shrugged him off. We both walked towards our group who was whispering among themselves. I greeted my friends with nods and bro hugs when a girl decided to surprise me. Guess what? She pounced on me like a hungry lion and clung to me.

"Hey, baby! How are you doing?" she asked.

What was her name? Lily? No, Sheetal. No, Kiran....No...Ahh! This is so frustrating. I have been trying to avoid her since last week and don't even remember her name. We just had some fun a few days back and she doesn't understand the meaning of no strings attached. Clingy stupid bimbo! I faked a smile at her and jerked her away. Her face clearly showed how offended she was but did she go away? No! She stood there smiling sickly at me.

"I am fine Meena," I said, wiping away the remnants of her cheek kiss.

"Mitra, It's Mitra, not Meena" she huffed. As if I care!

"Ok whatever" I made a face and my friends laughed.

"Wanna hang out sometime?" she asked.