33 ~ Love & Roses

Hey lovelies!

Hold your hearts because this is a long and sweet journey you all have been waiting to witness. Writing it has given me sleepless nights, I hope reading it fills yours with dreams *You know of what kind (wink)*. When I read it as a reader I smiled like a fool. At the end tell me what you felt. This one is dedicated to all my readers who never left my side. I hope I don't disappoint you guys! Expecting hundreds of inline comments...

Happy Reading!

Author's POV

Suddenly turning serious while removing her eyes from Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ with great difficulty she asked him, "Before we put our pasts behind for once and for all I want to know what exactly happened with Lara?"

He sighed, pulling her to his chest and kissing the top of her head before answering, "Only you, princess. Only you could ask such a question at the beginning of our honeymoon."

He chuckled as she pinched him before answering seriously, "Though there's nothing to worry about, I know you're curious, so Lara may have been more of a victim of karma than my torment.

For the sake of a man she loved dearly, she tried to steal money from me and manipulate her way into my life. As fate had its way, her betrayal was returned with one. When cheated, cheaters are sometimes unable to bear it. That man was sleeping with Vidushi, your former friend, behind her back. She caught him and when confronted, he butchered her character with his words. Until the world kept calling her names, she didn't care, but as her love insulted her feelings, she felt dead inside. She had not only seen him with the other girl but heard his plan of selling her as well, which left no room for any hope. She had loved him with all her heart, hiding it from her parents. He was the one who sent her to my cabin to tarnish me since he had a business rivalry with me. He was the only one who called her characterless for it. That is when Lara understood how much it hurts to be separated from our love, to survive with this heaviness in your chest and suffer heartbreak. She wanted to kill herself. She attempted twice, as my men informed me, but stopped, as she wanted to repent before leaving the world. She wasn't depressed; she was suicidal. She came to me and apologized for her deeds, but I couldn't forgive her as I remembered your tears. I told her she would be free of any guilt from my side if she apologized to you, which I knew was impossible, as I assumed no one would be able to find you. Like mad people, she kept muttering 'I tell her, and I die'. Now I know she did, and that's when she quit knowing if she apologized to you, she also apologized to me. She went missing in a blink after meeting me, and no medical help could reach her. As far as I know, she was in an asylum, and after she ran from there, she was never found."

"I got her cremated," Meera answered while he nodded, feeling blank. He neither felt any sympathy for her nor had any negative feelings towards her.

"I still can't believe you ignored your SRK to know about her," he mused while she quickly settled back on her seat and said, "OH GOD! He must be feeling cheated. Aww, I will celebrate an SRK movie marathon to make it up to him" Hearing her words he hid a smile. He loved his crazy wifey. He simply picked her up and made her sit in his lap on his recliner seat while she snuggled into him, not minding anything at all. Her eyes remained glued to the screen as she kept blabbering all the time.