The Hero meets the crown prince

The next morning, they are already on their way to the Capital to meet Alberu, they rode the carriage instead of using a teleportation magic circle. Just like what Deruth requested, the crown prince wanted Cale to make a public appearance.

Let the people know that you are still breathing.

That's what he said but Cale is certain that it's also more of a publicity stunt, after all Alberu's coronation is set before this year ends. Seeing the hero of Roan kingdom visiting him would surely make the people look forward to the event as well. Not that Cale minded, he is happy that Alberu will finally ascend to the throne, there is no other person suited to rule over the kingdom and besides he will have a very powerful backing that would fulfill his wish of a slacker life, it's a win win situation.

"Oh"

Cale looked at the person who made that noise, across from him Choi Han was looking outside the window, he looked amazed as if he had seen the place for the first time. he followed his gaze to see that they arrived at the puzzle city, it was already late in the afternoon and they decided to stay a night here and continue their journey.

"I see the reconstruction is almost done," Cale commented as he looked at the newly built houses. "No wonder the coronation will happen before this year ends"

"He will finally ascend the throne" Choi Han voiced out he had heard that Alberu is preparing to ascend the throne before this year ends courtesy of Vice Captain Hillsman.

"Yes, He wanted to make sure that the reconstruction of Puzzle City is completed before doing that, They did well though the place looks like the battle never happened here" Cale murmured nodding in satisfaction on what he was seeing.

Two years ago this city was close to destruction. The appearance of the sealed god's temple and the unranked monsters who wrecked havoc and destroyed everything in their path. It was a slow process at first since some of the kingdoms suddenly pulled their support back, -fucking hypocrites by the way- after hiding behind Roan Kingdom for defense and support but turned their backs when they are the one who needed it.

Roan Kingdom had been too generous, but it doesn't matter now.

They had strong and trustworthy allies, it's good to determine who were the true allies and the real enemies. It's not like they can touch Roan Kingdom now, Cale can flip their kingdom upside down if he wishes but.. That's troublesome and tiring.

"We've arrived, young Master" Ron opened the carriage door and the children first hopped into Han's arms as he welcomed them.

"I already had our accommodations arranged" Hans said gesturing at the inn that he already prepared for them.

"Good job" Cale said and he stepped down from the carriage followed by Choi Han as they made their way towards the building.

"It's young master silver shield and his knight!"

Choi Han turned to see a woman and child waving at them, he nodded at them and turned to look at Cale who continued walking inside pretending as if he did not hear anything. Choi Han frowned at that behavior, it was rude to ignore them, cant he even spare a little nod?

However in Cale's mind he was walking as fast as possible before they attracted more attention before the entire people in this area started to swarm them. She said that too loudly that he could feel several stares on his back. It is true that he had never shown his face in public for such a long time now, of course his sudden appearance would get too much attention.

"You could have acknowledged them" Choi Han murmured as they entered the building and Cale looked at him and crossed his arms.

"If I have to greet one then I should greet the rest too, I am here to rest" He waved his hand and started walking upstairs.