Chapter Forty One: Engagement Party

🩷Gwen's POV🩷

I felt myself unfreeze. I checked myself and looked up to see Ben, Jay, Quinn, Evie, Carlos, and Percy, and Dude looking at each other confused. "Come, on," Ben said as we followed him. "You okay?" Carlos asked me as he put his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah," I nodded.

What happened?

So, long story short, Audrey is back and she's good! Oh and today is the day I've been waiting for!! It's Mal and Ben's engagement party! AH! I'm so excited

So, long story short, Audrey is back and she's good! Oh and today is the day I've been waiting for!! It's Mal and Ben's engagement party! AH! I'm so excited. Just one more step and then they're married. АН! We now are waiting for Mal and Ben to come out.

The music started playing as Mal and Ben walked out, holding hands. "There they are," Evie exclaimed as everyone bowed and curtsied to the couple.  Everyone cheered as they walked up the stairs towards the balcony that overlooked the party.

They stood at the edge of the balcony before looking down at everyone. "Lady Mal and I want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today," Ben announced to the crowd before turning to Mal, "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So..." Ben picked up his glass and turned back to the crowd.

"Raise your glasses everyone to our future Queen of Auradon." "To our Queen of Auradon," The crowd including me echoed back before cheering. "Speech, your Special-ness," Carlos jokingly called up to Mal. "Speech, your Fancy One," Jay added as everyone laughed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my brother.

Everyone looked up at Mal, waiting, as she hesitated while she looked across at the Isle of the Lost. "I can't," Mal blurted as everyone gasped, "I can't be Queen of Auradon." "Mal," Ben whispered, confused, as he stepped closer to Mal as she turned to him.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Mal told Ben before turning back to the crowd, "We made a decision... to close the barrier forever and it was my idea but it's wrong," Mal looked down at Quinn and Evie as we were looked up at her proudly, with tears in their eyes, grinning.

"I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... my father..." Mal paused as everyone, besides her friends and me, gasped in shock.

'..Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from," Mal told the crowd before turning to Ben, who was looking at her with a proud smile, "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too and I think, it's time that we take the barrier down, forever." Wait, did she say what I think she said?

Beast whispered something to them, then Ben whispered back at his dad.
Then he turned back at Mal, sharing a smile before turning to face the crowd, "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness." I started to smile, "It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes! Whoo!" We both cheered and hi fived causing everyone to laugh.

🩵Bea's POV🩵

Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, that's my boyfriend and his sister.

🩷Gwen's POV🩷

Everyone clapped as Mal gestured to us  come up to where she is. Once we made it to where Mal was, Fairy Godmother handed Mal her wand, we all stood next to each other as we exchanged determined looks and nods.

"To make the world a better place..." Mal started as she waved the wand.
"We have to do it face to face," Me, Mal, Quinn, Evie, Jay, and Carlos finished in unison. Mal waved the wand one more time causing a beam of magic to escape it and hit the barrier around the Isle of the Lost. Everyone watched in awe as the barrier and the large cloud that was over the Isle disappeared and a solid white bridge appeared, connecting Auradon to the Isle.

Everyone cheered.

This is the start of a new chapter in life.

I found my nieces, nephews, Rick, Nico, Bianca, and what I assumed must have been my sister in law at the end of the bridge. "GWEN!" Chloe screamed and ran to me and gave me a hug. "Hey, Chloe!" I said. "We're going to Auradon!" Amelia and Maria cheered.

"Annabelle!?!?" I said, recognizing Lunatic Hook's older sister instantly. "W-Wha you and Rick got married?"

"Yeah, we eloped."

"So, that's why Rick disappeared!" I said. Rick put a hand on C's shoulder. "Thank you." "No problem." C said. Annabelle held up a small pink blanket. "Gwen, meet your new niece, Angelina Christine Ratcliffe."