Lisa suddenly confessed, interrupting Jennie's thoughts. Jennie shook her head.

"I should have known...",

she mumbled and looked up at Lisa.

"Do you even smoke?"

The younger girl shook her head.

"No. I've tried it once or twice, but I don't like the taste and it's not worth spending money on. Not when it's putting my health at risk anyway."

"Good, I don't want you to get sick.",

Jennie said sternly.
Lisa grinned, continued massaging briefly and then sat down on the table in front of Jennie.

"Awww. Are you worried about me?"

Jennie didn't hesitate for long before deciding to tell the truth.

"Yes. Please take care of yourself.",

she whispered, before turning her attention to her croissant. When she looked up briefly at Lisa, she could see that her cheeks were flushed. Jennie had to make an effort to stifle her grin.

"So... are you just here to keep me company? Or..."

Lisa shook her head.

"No. Well, that too. It's just..."

She shrugged her shoulders indecisively.

"I thought... if you're alone, it could be dangerous for you. If... you know."

Jennie smiled softly.

"Awww. Are you worried about me?"

Lisa returned her smile affectionately.

"Yes. Take care of yourself, please."

This time it was Jennie's turn to blush, and the mood in the room had suddenly changed. You could literally feel the tension.
The same thing was going on in the minds of the two girls at that moment.

Was that already flirting?

Should I bring it up?

Talk about the kiss?

The hand holding?

The almost confession?

It was Lisa who finally summoned up the courage to speak up.

"Jennie... I think we need to talk. Y-you know, abou-"

When Jennie's phone rang at the same moment, Lisa really didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. Jennie felt the same way. It was definitely too much of a cliché. Which was exactly why she wanted to fight back against the cliché.
She looked into Lisa's eyes.

"We need to talk. I guess... about what's happening between us?",

she asked.
Lisa nodded with red cheeks. Jennie sighed softly and took Lisa's hand.

"I like you, Lisa. And we can talk about it later. After the phone call?"

Lisa was speechless.
Did that mean... what she thought it meant? Did it mean that Jennie had feelings for her? Romantic feelings?

Jennie tried to ignore her heart beating like crazy and took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Jennie Kim."

Lisa could only watch as Jennie's mouth dropped open in surprise and she frowned before she began to smile and nod slowly.

"That would be possible?",

she asked.

Lisa leaned forward, hoping to catch at least snippets of the conversation, but was pushed away by Jennie.
Lisa pouted, but dutifully sat down a little aside and watched Jennie, who was completely absorbed in the conversation.