Disguise 15: The Invitation

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Invitation

Disguise 15

-Penelope's POV-

What am I doing?

That's the only question running through my mind since the dinner.

I shouldn't interact with him, right?

I looked out the window, closing my eyes briefly as the transparent glass reflected his figure.

I must be worse than a woman with constant mood swings.

One time I'm this, then I'm that.

The last time I checked, Penelope Hale was never like this.

Duh, a voice replied in my head. You're Tiffany Williams now. The less suspicions, the better.

I sighed, spotting the familiar sign written in impressive calligraphy.

Prescott Condominiums.

The car stopped in front of the entrance lobby. Jeremy's chauffeur, whoever he is, got out of his seat and opened the door for me. I nodded as a sign of thanks.

I walked a few steps to the building, planning to turn around and thank Jeremy.

However, I got caught up in a surreal moment.

Jeremy held the hand that I was supposed to use to wave, and walked inside. I widened my eyes.

"We never agreed to this." I mumbled, staring at our interlocked hands as we entered the elevator to the penthouse. I quickly slipped my hand away.

I crossed my arms and tapped my wrists secretly, feeling air slowly seeping out of my lungs.

I wish someone would enter this damned transportation device powered by electric motors.

Jeremy leaned against the elevator, staring at the view provided by its glass walls. I sighed.

"Do you really have to come with me until I arrive home?" I asked in aggravation. He shrugged.

"You can't trust anyone." He muttered, as if mocking me.

That's exactly why I don't want you to come.

"That's a little bit hypocritical for you, hmm?" I tilted my head in wonder. He chuckled.

"You're enjoying my company anyway." He teased with a smile. I scoffed.

"How and when was this?" I crossed my arms. He rolled his eyes.

"Come on, kitty. Don't act like you don't know." He said, my jaw dropping at his statement.

"Excuse me?" I snorted in disbelief. "Did you just call me kitty?"

"I did," He answered casually, a smirk playing on his lips. "Would you like me to call you something more... fitting?"

"No!" I exclaimed quickly, huffing.

He scrunched up his eyebrows. "So, let's settle with kitty?"

"No, that's not what I meant and you know it." I groaned. He tapped his chin, pretending to think.

"How many times have you said that today?" He smirked, the arrogance plastered on his face tempting me to punch him.

"Count it yourself, dimwit." I hissed, causing him to laugh.

I'm not in the mood for this.

That's funny, a voice chimed in my head. You weren't saying that a while ago.