Disguise 13: The Day Off

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Day Off

Disguise 13

-Penelope's POV-

I hugged myself as I stared at the vase full of flowers, the welcoming sunlight admonishing the petals. I sighed contentedly.

"Morning, Tiffany." Natalia greeted me, stretching after she closed her door. I waved at her.

"Morning." I beamed at her, a shiver of excitement running down my spine as I thought about what'd happen today.

It was already Friday, three days since I met Chris.

Three days since Axel acted like he never met me.

I shook my head.

"Are you excited today?" Natalia asked, ushering me to the kitchen. I fiddled as I prepared coffee.

"You could say that." I muttered, heat crawling to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Well, good luck you know." She shrugged, opening the refrigerator door with her foot before picking up the ingredients for breakfast. I breathed out a smile.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "Can I help?"

"You can," Natalia nodded and pointed at the lettuce. "By washing them."

"Aye." I grinned, saluting her. She just laughed. I obliged to her orders, a smile playing on my lips.

"By the way, we'll go shopping with the others later." Natalia told me, after I handed my completed task to her. I tilted my head and held the look of wonder.

I forgot to tell her my change of plans today.

"Others?" I questioned. She shrugged.

"Others," She said in a 'duh' tone. "Melissa, Kevin, Jeremy, Axel and us two."

It felt like my knees will unbuckle at her announcement.

Half of the royal students were the people I don't want to see.

I gulped the big lump forming in my throat.

"Oh." I muttered under my breath, fixing two cups on the counter when the smell of coffee wafted around the kitchen. I took a seat as I poured the contents to the cups. I observed Natalia humming to herself as she went to pick up some utensils. I smiled faintly.

She looked at me, tilting her head. "Is something wrong, Tiffany?"

I shook my head immediately. "No, it's nothing."

She frowned my way before returning to cooking. I pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation before I stood up and retrieved tableware necessary for us two. Once I was finished, I turned around and headed for the dining room.

"Did something happen between you and Axel?" Natalia suddenly inquired out of the blue, making me lose balance.

How did she know?