Disguise 13: The Day Off

Start from the beginning

I lost grip of the tableware I was holding as I fell, my eyes instinctively closing tightly.

"Tiffany!"

The next thing I heard was the loud smashing of glass. I opened my eyes, trying to catch my breath. I saw Natalia struggling to keep me up, pulling me tightly. I balanced myself before pulling away from her.

"Thanks." I said with a strained smile. What I didn't expect next was the fact that Natalia slapped me lightly, glaring at me.

"What's wrong with you?" She seethed, crossing her arms. "You've not been yourself for three days. And I've never been given an answer!"

I avoided my gaze from her dark brown eyes as I swallowed the lump in my dry throat. I dodged her as I quickly prepared myself some water.

"Just answer me," Natalia pleaded. "Anything. Even if it's the smallest of the possible clues or hints. I'll take it. Is that a problem? Is it-"

I dropped the glass on the sink harshly, tears threatening to spill. "Please stop talking." I whimpered. Natalia obliged, silence enveloping the kitchen. The burnt smell of the breakfast soon surrounded the kitchen, making me push Natalia away.

"The breakfast's burning," I stated coldly. "Please attend to it before the fire alarm starts. I'll clean my mess."

"No, Tiffany. I'll have the cleaning service attend to it. Just go and prepare for the shopping spree." She insisted. I opened my mouth to protest but revoked my intentions when I saw her shielded orbs. I sighed, nodding before I proceeded to the expansive hall of the condo. Painful tears blurred my sight as I searched for my room, my chest heavy. I wiped my tears as I opened my door hastily. Closing the door quietly, I leaned against it as I sobbed.

That's why I never want to talk about Axel.

I shut my eyes tightly.

So much for threatening.

>>

I wrapped myself in a bathrobe as I entered the walk-in wardrobe the room has, eyeing the limited choices I have. I sighed.

Perhaps the shopping spree could do me some good.

That reminds me, I thought. I never replaced my sabotaged phone.

I dressed myself in a blue sleeveless shirt and a black leather pleated skirt that stopped just above my knee paired with black suede heeled ankle boots. Picking up my black Ray Ban sunglasses, I checked myself in the mirror.

I don't look too hideous, do I?

I combed my wavy brown hair, its contrast shaping my pale complexion. Perhaps me getting more inheritance to my mother was better than me sporting blonde hair from my Dad.

I shuddered at the thought.

Once I was finished, I exited my room only to see Natalia leaning on the wall beside her room's door. She was tapping her fingers on her elbow, closing her eyes. Her blonde hair tumbled behind her back.

"Nat." I called her. She turned her gaze my way before tilting her head.

"You don't have a bag to pair it with?"