Chapter One

RIZZA HAS BEEN PUTTING HERSELF INTO A BLOODY DIET AND WORKOUT. It's been nearly one year since she deprived herself of her favorite foods. She's running on a treadmill right now while listening to music by Beyonce.

"Rizza, are you out of your mind?" Her elder sister Trina came into the small gym facility of their house. "You have been on a strict diet and almost killed yourself for not eating enough in three months. Do you remember that?" She kept scolding her.

Yes. She clearly remembers how she was rushed into the hospital that day after she neglected taking in food.

"I know, Trina. You don't have to remind me of that. Don't worry I will not repeat that mistake again. I will eat enough to supplement my workout routines," she answered her sister while chasing her breath.

Her sister heaved a sigh. "What is this all about? Do you also remember that your own nutritionist told you that you are healthy and it's just your natural shape no matter what you do. You are not fat, Rizza. You have your own beautiful shape. You are voluptuous," Trina wouldn't stop talking.

She ignored her and just kept running on the treadmill.

"Is this all for Joseph?" Trina disappointingly asked. She was standing on the right side of the room where she's working out.

"Yes. I need to look sexy and hopefully lose more weight before our wedding day," she answered directly. Even if she already knew that her sister had something to say again.

She can see from her peripheral view how her sister's shoulders fell. Trina is shaking her head. "Why do you have to change yourself for that guy? You know how much we disapprove of him. If he really loves you, he wouldn't dare insist to you to change your body or any of your flaws. If he loves you, he should also embrace your imperfections without saying anything to you," she can't stop blabbering.

She rolled her eyes and stopped the treadmill. She went down from the equipment, took her face towel and wiped her sweats all over her body. She walked to the side table near the door of the facility to get her water bottle. She drank from it and waited for what else her sister had to say.

"You seem not to hear a word from all of my advice," Trina walked to her side. "Joseph doesn't deserve a beautiful and amazing woman like you, Rizza. That's all that I have to tell you since you kept pretending to be deaf. We know that you are blinded by Joseph's pretentious love for you. As a sister who wants the best for you, I will not stop talking about this."

She turned to face her sister. "Thank you, Trina. I appreciate all of your concerns but Joseph and I love each other dearly," she stands firm on what she believes.

"We respect your feelings, Rizza but please think about yourself next time." Trina looked sincerely into her eyes. Her eyes looked pleadingly.

"Trina, let's go! We will be late for our flight!" Their father shouted from the living room.

"Well, I guess I have to go now." Trina held her by her forearm and they both walked out of the gym facility. "Come on and send us off. We will be in Italy for how many months," she added.

She has no choice but to let her sister drag her to where their parents are.

"Oh my dear sweet Rizza," their mother met her and opened her arms wide to insinuate a hug.

She hugged her mother tight. "I will miss you, Mommy," she whispered near her ear.

She jumped off excitedly to cut their embrace and also went to hug her father. "Of course, I will miss you too, Daddy," she also said. She pulled her mother lightly and hugged them both.

Her sister Trina didn't just stand there to watch but she embraced the three of them.

"I know I wouldn't miss you Trina since you will keep on calling me 24/7," she jokingly said and she knows that her sister would get it.