The sickness 😷

He was in pain
I felt it
No one deserves to go through pain
No one deserves death
All he wanted was love
At it's very best
At that point when he felt he had it all
Sickness came to steal his joy
I had to love him in these last moments
He deserved it, everyone does

Anna's POV
Shortly after the news of my pregnancy, Lucius was diagnosed with cancer.

He was going through so much pain and had to live with the fact that he was about to die. There was no cure for cancer yet. He wanted to help with my pregnancy but he couldn't. I felt for him.

"Anna, am sorry that I can't help you with your pregnancy, you really don't deserve to go through all this stress because of me, am very sorry 😔" said Lucius when I brought him his dinner on his bed.

"You really don't have to apologise. I wish I can take away your pain but there's only little I can do" I said while helping him eat.

Deep down inside me, I knew he was really sorry, pained and sad. I wanted to take his pain. I will show him all the love he deserves.

"Anna??" Lucius called as I made my way to leave the room.

"Yes, Lucius" I answered stopping in my tracks facing the door.

"You still love John right, be honest with me" he asked softly.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter" I reply while turning to give him a small smile and making my way out.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy after taking away your only shot at happiness" he said with pain evident in his voice.

"You make me happy and I promised to love you till death do us apart that's what I will do" I answered and left the room immediately.

AFTER SIX MONTHS

The cry of joy was heard
My bundles of joy were held
They represented love
They meant joy
I praise the heavens because everything led to them

Twins!!! I birthed twins. My joy knew no bounds. I was elated. I looked at them with so much love. I loved them. At that point when they were finally in my hands everything I went through was worth it.

Lucius was getting better and was able to be present for my delivery. He was able to be strong on his feet to carry my babies. I said my babies because I knew without doubt that they were John's. The male child has his eyes but I wouldn't tell Lucius that. It would break him. He was already fighting death. I couldn't afford more to his troubles and besides he is so happy with my twins arrival and I don't want to take that away from him.

WEEKS LATER

Lucius relapsed. He was back on his sick bed and the doctors broke to me that he couldn't make it. My heart broke at the news. I never wanted anyone to die. I didn't want to lose him.

Days passed and Lucius lost all sighs of life, he was dying and I couldn't help him.

"Anna, am sorry for being a jerk, am sorry for taking John from you, I watched you over this last year since we got married you were never happy. I thought I could bring you joy but I couldn't. I'm sorry" he said in tears.

"Please don't apologise, just stay strong am sorry for not making you happy the way you deserve, am sorry if I made you feel this way" I replied with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I only did what I did because I love you, and I still do Anna" he said while holding my hands tightly.

"Please stay strong, please fight this" I pleaded.

"Just promise me that no matter what happens, you will find happiness, that you will take care of our kids and live the life of your dreams. Promise" he said.

"I promise" I said with tears.

He can't die like this. He doesn't deserve it at all.

"Ok, I want to sleep dear. Good night, take good care of the kids" he said and looked away from me.

"Good night" I replied and headed towards the door.

"Always remember I love you" he said after me.

That was the last night I spoke to Lucius.