The Longing

The pain in my heart goes for miles
I cry every night
I can't seem to smile
I pray my pain soon dies

****
Anna's POV

I'm staring at the mirror watching myself cry. I didn't want this marriage but I just have to submit to it. A lot is tied to this marriage, my father's health and business, my mum's happiness and my sister's future. I have to get married in this arranged ordeal to save my family.

Somehow I knew this will happen, the option came up when my family first went bankrupt. The idea was presented to my dad that I get married to the son of a rich and successful business man to save my dad's business. My dad rejected the offer thinking he could save his business himself. He told me and my mom about it and my mom advised me to prepare myself for anything. My dad couldn't save his business and it crashed; soon after he developed a heart disease which needed expensive treatment. We knew we had to resolve to the offer of I getting married to Lucius Lopez the son of Alexander Lopez.

I prayed and wished to the stars that I could grow to love my fiance but my heart is no longer mine anymore. It's John's.

Seeing John at the engagement dinner celebration broke my heart somehow. I didn't want him to see me like this. I feel he saw my pain with the way he looked at me. His eyes were questioning me but I couldn't answer. I wanted to run into his arms, get married to him; but I couldn't. I succeeded in ignoring and avoiding him. No one in our family knows of our previous relationship, they only know John as my sister Julie's friend and it's time I view him as the same.