5. Strange

Eric put his hands on Evelyn's shoulders. She could smell the alcohol on his breath and noticed that he had trouble standing straight. 

"Babe, you are... so fucking s-s-sexy," he stammered and tried to play with her hair with his fingers. Instead, his hand fell to her cheek.  Evelyn laughed. Though Eric was wasted, he was not intimidating. More like a big clumsy teddy bear. 

"I'm a very very very lucky guy," he continued. Then he passed out and Evelyn had to catch his body before he would hurt himself falling down. He was heavy so she struggled but somehow managed to stop him from falling too quickly. 

"Great," she mumbled. Her first date for years and her date managed to pass out. How was she going to get back to the motel? She helplessly looked around. People had slowly started to leave the riverside. Someone was pouring water on the bonfire. 

"Do you need help with him?" 

Evelyn quickly turned around. The voice belonged to a man that Evelyn called a native American Usain Bolt, in her mind. He belonged to the group she had noticed earlier.

"Um... Yeah... He's my ride. Well, he was supposed to be my ride."

The man nodded and quickly and crabbed Eric's hands and started to drag him down the forest path towards the parking lot. Eric didn't wake up and Evelyn couldn't help but giggle. When they reached Eric's car, the man let go of Eric's hands and took a key from his pocket. Then he lifted the sleeping Eric inside and gave the keys to Evelyn. She took them hesitantly. 

"I think you can drive home and leave him in the car," the man stated and started to turn around.

"I... I don't have a driver's license," Evelyn said. For some reason, she felt embarrassed. Maybe it was the way that the man looked at her. She tried to smile and look normal, but his intense stare made her restless. She hated the feeling. After a moment the man's eyes softened and Evelyn could notice a quick smile on his lips. 

The next thing that happened, caught Evelyn off guard. He took step towards her and bend his head next to hers so their cheeks nearly touched. Evelyn imagined he had smelled her, but it sounded so weird, that it couldn't be true. Then the man took a step back. He looked puzzled.

"What are you? he asked.

"Huh?" Evelyn had no idea what the man was talking about. 

"What are you hiding?" He wasn't angry, but Evelyn realized he wasn't going to let her go before an answer. The problem was, she had no idea what he was talking about. But she had to say something. Something told her she couldn't just walk away. There was a strange aura of strength and dominance about him. Something she had never experienced before. Something quite... unnatural.

"I'm Evelyn." 

"And..."

"And what?" 

"I think you know what I mean," he said patiently.

"You know what, I really have no idea what you're talking about. I'm going to ask someone to drive me and Eric home. Before Evelyn could do anything, the man grabbed her wrist. His grip was tight and Evelyn could feel her skin bruising. 

"You're hurting me," she cried out but was too afraid to try to pull away. The man didn't let go, instead, he pulled her toward him.

"Push me away," he commanded. Evelyn felt really confused. He was holding her but commanding her to push him away. What a weirdo! 

"Do it!" He was getting impatient. Evelyn carefully placed her hands on his chest and tried to nudge him away, but couldn't do it. The man stood there like a rock not moving an inch. 

"Again."

Evelyn bit her lower lip. She used all her strength when she pushed again. This time she succeeded, but barely. He nodded.

What on earth is going on?! Evelyn had never in her life been more confused.