Return of the kronosome

Start from the beginning

"Percy?"

Percy's POV—

"Excuse me?" I whipped around and saw an exact mirror image of myself, only with bloodred eyes instead of sea green.

"Percy?" Jason called out. "We found you! Finally! Where were y—"

"That's not Percy." I growled. "Show yourself! Who are you?"

"Funny you ask Agnostos, monster of the Unknown." Not-me smirked. "Says the one who hides behind the mask. I tracked you down."

"This cloak is untraceable." I argued. "You can't track it down."

"But it's creator can." He took out a replica of Riptide but instead of a Celestial Bronze blade, it was Imperial Gold.

"Nemesis, if it's you, I swear—"

"Wrong person, Percy Jackson." Not-me melted and a lady with black hair and a silk dress appeared in its place. "Though, I really would've wanted that Piper girl, but then again, Gaea wanted your blood anyway, so you would do. A pity that my sun dragons didn't reform in time." She grinned crookedly.

"Did she just call you Percy?" Annabeth stared at me. I shrugged.

"I'm a bit like him, I guess. Very sassy and handsome." I smirked. She growled.

"Don't hide yourself from the truth, Perseus." She cooed. "Embrace your destiny!"

"What is she talking about?" Nico asked me, worry edging his voice.

"Nonsense." I swung Sicarius at her, but she somehow disappeared and reappeared behind me.

"You cannot escape from the truth, Perseus!" She shrieked. "Illusions may hide you from sight, but they will catch you and make you fall in a trap made by your own hands."

"Well, you fell into a trap of your own, Medea." I said, my voice deadly calm. "Do not call me Percy Jackson. I might be sassy and handsome like him, but he's not here. Now get your ungodly ass out of here before I cut you into pieces and send you to Tartarus!" I let the shields of my seventh sense and it crashed onto my remaining senses.

"Go to Tartarus!" I made her blood freeze in place and I saw her stiffen at the sight of my sword. It sliced clean through her throat and she gazed at me, horror filling her green eyes as she opened her mouth in a silent scream. She evaporated into golden dust.

"Percy?" Nico was the first to break the thick silence.

"No, she just did that to get on my nerves, freaking goddesses of illusion. Be careful about her, she'll play with words to twist you into doing what she pleases." I scowled.

"Man, I hate that woman." Jason grumbled. "Thanks for killing her, man."

"No prob." I sheathed Sicarius and let my senses flood the Labyrinth. "This way."

Time skip sponsored by Luke

"I think you should let down you hood, Agnostos." Annabeth said after a couple hours of walking.

"And why is that? You literally already pulled down my hood in the arena when I sparred with Max, remember? Or does the oh-so intelligent daughter of Athena get dementia?" I said sarcastically. She gritted her teeth.

"You were using something else. That's not your real appearance! I can tell!" She insisted, hopping over a stray water puddle from the muddy walls of the Labyrinth.

"And how could you tell? What if I could shapeshift?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Then it wouldn't matter if you pulled your hood down." She countered. "It's not like you're that ugly, right?"

"Shut your trap, Athena spawn. Unless you want to be the one that won't come back from the quest." I warned. She opened her mouth to retort angrily, but I continued.

"Can't people give just me some fricking privacy for once? 'Oh, you're a monster and I'm a demigod, I'm so much better than you and you deserve nothing, blah, blah, blah.'" I waved my hands around mockingly. "You demigods think your life is so hard and you guys are so heroic. Ha!" I spat. "That's not how life works. There's always someone who's had it worse. There's always cruelty in the world, always darkness at work. And if you won't believe it, you won't survive. The evil in the world is what keeps the whole world on edge, because if you weren't, your civilization would go poof! Bye bye, gods, see ya, demigods, poof go the mortals! There! What do you think about that, huh?" Annabeth blinked.

"I didn't mean it like that. If you're ugly just tell us." She crossed her arms.

"I don't want to uncover my hood because if I do, you'll judge me for it." I snapped.

"We won't judge on looks, just the state of heart." She said softly.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" I clenched my fists. "YOU'LL JUDGE ME ON WHAT I DID. ON MY CHOICES. ON WHO I REALLY AM! AND I'M JUST FREAKING TIRED OF IT! JUST LET ME DO THIS AND WE'LL BE OVER ALREADY! JEEZUS, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?" I breathed heavily, glaring at all three of them. Slowly, carefully, I continued to walk further down the tunnel. The three followed reluctantly, whispering among themselves.

"We can't trust him." Annabeth murmured.

"But he's the only one who last saw him in Tartarus!" Nico whisper shouted.

"I can hear you guys!" I called back. At that moment, a plan popped into my head. Quickly, I changed directions.

"Where are we going? Why did we change directions?" Jason asked, sounding scared.

"The Labyrinth is shifting. We need to keep going in the right direction, duh." I smirked from under my cloak. "Right about...here!" I stopped at a barred door.

"This looks like the prison we saw with Briares." Annabeth noted. "What is this place?"

"Where Percy Jackson truly is." I growled, placing a hand on the lock. It clicked immediately and the door swung wide open. "Follow me." A dark corridor was spread out before us, with dungeon-style stone walls and chains dangling from the ceiling. The occasional rat scurried through the shadows, and piles of dry bones littered the floor. It widened into a large spherical room, with sticks hung up on the wall and a form in the middle.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Nico asked. "I feel a strong presence here, and it doesn't feel good."

"Why would you feel good about being in the presence of the Lord of Time, Nico di Angelo?" I asked softly.

"W-What are you talking about, Agnostos?" Jason stammered. "I-Is Kronos here? Is that what it is? You're working for Kronos?"

"Not just that, Jason Grace." I smiled slyly. "I am the host of Kronos." Annabeth, Nico, and Jason took a step back in horror.

"You're a demigod! That's why you wouldn't pull down your hood! You must've used the Mist to cover your appearance!" Nico realized. "But why?" I glared at Annabeth coldly.

"Because you would kill me for what I did." I snapped my fingers and torches flitted to life as if turned on by ghosts. The room we were in was illuminated, and a sarcophagus lay in the middle. Dozens of dracaenae slithered in through the other doors, surrounding them.

"You were the one! The one who would lurk in the shadows and betray us!" Annabeth cried.

"Hmph. I expected better from a daughter of Athena, Ms. Chase." I knew she hated that title. "Even a son of Jupiter could figure it out. No offense, Jason, my bro." I turned towards the sarcophagus. "Kronos would be pleased with this spawn of Athena, though I don't really know why. She's not worth it."

"Excuse me?" She asked, sounding enraged.

"eXcUsE mE?" I mimicked her high-pitched voice. "You should really do better, Annabeth Chase."

"Who are you?" Nico asked.

"Aw, come on, Neeks! You really don't recognize your awesome cousin?" I grinned; my back still turned to them. I slowly took off my hood, making it slow to keep the suspense.

"Hey, Wise Girl." I flashed her a smirk, but it felt more like a scowl. "Long time no see."