~ Chapter 12: World Unity Festival, MJ Watson ~

~ 12:21PM, a few days later... ~

The World Unity Festival

" ...Yup, that way Pete. Take a look at that float, innovative right? " Harry pointed out the peculiar float, catching Peter's attention as he snapped photos with his camera to capture the moment.

" Pretty much, let me... just focus... and take another... " He spoke, before taking another shot...

Peter opted for a casual yet slightly formal attire, while Harry embraced full formal attire in light of the prestigious nature of the event that was Oscorp's funding and thus he must be presentable. While strangely, his father Norman, was missing...

Suddenly, the balcony door swung open, unveiling an elegant redhead with vibrant and stylish makeup. Mary Jane Watson, in her formal dress. It was elegant and eye-catching. The dress features a vibrant shade of red, accentuating her figure with its form-fitting design with the neckline is quite modest yet stylish. It flows gracefully down to her ankles, with a subtle flare at the hemline, allowing her to move with ease and grace. The fabric appears to be luxurious and shimmering, catching the light and enhancing her radiant appearance. Exuding glamor and grace, complementing her beauty at its fullest.

Beside her was Gwen Stacy, who was also dressed rather formally as her father was in attendance inside. Hers is a rather a modest dress, flattering, and showcasing a sweetheart or scoop neckline that frames Gwen's collarbones. The green hue of the dress is rich and vibrant color of emerald or forest green, which complements Gwen's fair complexion and vibrant personality.

" Sorry we're late, I had to pick her up from the lobby. " MMJ grinned at the two before giving Harry a playful peck on the cheek. " Ah, hopefully it was... fine? " Harry chuckled softly,

" It was really boring, but a few interesting cases as usual with my father's work at hand. Hey Pete. " Gwen embraced him in a hug, which he returned warmly.

" Good, just trying to find the right angle. They're quite interesting... " Peter chuckled as he began to stroll with Gwen, heading towards the left side of the balcony's railing. They chatted and snapped photos as they went.

" ...Why didn't you wear the black dress though? I just want to um, have a good impression with my father, and with.. you of course, so that he'll like you. " He inquired curiously, recalling their conversation from the other day about Norman's fondness for the color black.

" Well, maybe he'll be impressed no matter what. You do think it's pretty right? " She asked with a smirk, feeling more glamorous in the dress than the black one she had tried on yesterday.

" No, actually you're beautiful. " Harry spoke frankly with a chuckle before leaning in with shy tenderness to give her a kiss on the lips, a gesture they hadn't shared yet.

MJ felt hesitant because the relationship seemed rooted in pity, and she cherished their friendship more. Yet, seeing him vulnerable with his father, she couldn't resist giving it a chance, hoping things might improve and change. She pulled back slightly, inviting him to kiss her on the cheek instead.

Harry briefly smiled, acknowledging the gesture. He accepted it, understanding that relationships require time to develop. Turning his attention, he noticed Max Fargas, an Oscorp board member, in the neighboring balcony. Fargas, seated in a wheelchair, was positioned between their balcony and the one beside it.

" Oh! Good afternoon Mr. Fargas... How are you? " Harry initiated a conversation with Fargas,

" Hello Harry. Well, doing well. Surely hope I can walk again after the therapy but... we'll see. " Fargas chuckled softly,