~ Chapter 8: The New Chapter in Life, Peter Parker ~

~ 11:15AM, A Few Weeks Later... ~

The air buzzed with excitement as students cheered and tossed their mortarboards high into the air. In the other side among the celebrants, Peter and Gwen struck poses for pictures...

" Say Chess! " The photographer told them before taking the shot.

" Peter..! Sweet heart I am proud of you... You look absolutely handsome up there..! Gwen, you too, congratulations..! " Aunt May approached them with a warm smile, enveloping Peter and Gwen in congratulatory hugs...

" ...Thanks May! Oh- Dad! You made it.. " Gwen's face lit up with joy when she spotted her father, Captain Stacy, who greeted her with pride and a tight embrace...

" I'm proud of you Gwen, I really am. " He chuckled, before turning to Peter as well, " And to you Peter, congratulations as well. " Captain Stacy extended a firm handshake to Peter, a gesture of respect for the composed, intelligent, and loyal friend he had been to his daughter.

" Thank you sir, I'm glad you're able to make it as well. " Peter smiled, while Gwen playfully nudged her father...

" Pete, excuse us for a moment I have to make him see this for a while... " She chuckled, dragging her father away...

" Peter! I've got good news, my father got the place in New York so we're all set this fall. " Harry chuckled warmly as he greeted Peter, congratulating him as he was also brimming with excitement at the prospect of spending time with his best friend in the fall. " That's great I-- " Peter was about to say something until Norman interjected,

" You made it. " He glanced at his son, a subtle feeling of pride evident in his eyes, though Peter observed it...

" It's not the first time I was proven wrong. Congratulations Harry. " Norman flashed a grin, clasping his son's hand warmly in gratitude. However, his demeanor shifted as his gaze switched on Peter...

" Peter, a science award, that's terrific... " A chuckle escaped Norman, as Peter observed Norman's visible pride. It struck Peter as peculiar that he never appreciated Harry at times. Peter felt sadness inside him, he knew he had to maintain a composed demeanor to avoid drawing attention as his heart is compelled to comfort his friend...

Harry's demeanor was visibly unsettled, a complex expression of disappointment, jealousy, or perhaps a fusion of both emotions. Despite feeling sympathy for him, Peter knew he had to attend to whatever Norman had to convey.

" I know this has been a difficult time for you. But I want you to try and enjoy this day. Commencement: The end of one thing, is the start of something new... " Peter noticed Harry casting a glance at MJ, his sentiments toward her having changed since Uncle Ben's murder at the behest of her recklessness. At present, he felt a sense of detachment from her, yet a part of him longed to extend forgiveness. However, the absence of an apology or any effort from her side over the past weeks had left him conflicted...

Their conversation exuded a sense of hopefulness and sincerity, as they shared their experiences of enduring hardships caused by their own fathers. Peter couldn't help but wish that they would find a way to connect, and comfort each other in their time.

" ...You're like a brother to Harry. That makes you family. And if you ever need anything just so you know, you can always give me a call. " Norman's smile was met with a reciprocated smile and a nod of respect from Peter...

~ 6:34PM, Parker Residence ~

Peter tossed the trash into the bin before halting in his tracks, perching himself on the front porch steps. Tears welled in his eyes as memories of Uncle Ben flooded his mind. He longed for Ben's presence, yearning for the pride his uncle would have felt seeing him now. Yet, amidst this desire for his uncle's support, Peter couldn't shake the haunting memory of the alley, where Ben's life slipped away as MJ fled, leaving him to face the tragedy alone...

Unexpectedly, the figure Peter had been mulling over approached the front porch. Mary Jane's gaze held a mixture of melancholy and empathy as she met his eyes. Unsure of her intentions, Peter was taken aback by MJ's soft and gentle touch on his shoulder as she settled beside him.

" Peter... I'm sorry. " Those words pierced Peter's heart at its most fragile. In the throes of grief, missing his Uncle Ben, the weight of MJ's confession struck him deeply. Tears continued to stream down his face, his head shaking slightly. He didn't want MJ to shoulder guilt for this, though he couldn't deny her role in the events.

" I just wished he could've seen me... to be proud of me one more time... " Peter appeared utterly shattered in that moment, finding solace in MJ's embrace.

" He is proud of you Peter, " MJ whispered softly, her words joining Aunt May's comforting presence as she emerged upon hearing his sobs. "He's always with you, Peter, in your heart," Aunt May reassured him with a gentle smile, offering her shoulder for comfort as well when MJ pulled.

" Even when he passed, he'll still want you to remember Peter that life goes on. There are more things to do, to be expected from you, to be that responsible man Ben had raised. He'd never doubt you, or your friends. His gentle grace touches you Peter, he loved you and you loved him. He is now our angel, our guardian angel. An angel that will watch over us, guide us, and protect us from harm. " May enveloped her nephew in a warm hug, her gaze shifting to MJ's puzzled expression. It was as if MJ had recalled Ben's wise words, sparking an idea in her mind. This notion held the potential to honor Ben's memory.

As Aunt May extended her arm towards Mary Jane, her boundless kindness radiated. She embraced the red-haired teen, understanding that forgiveness, even in the face of fault, paved the way for a new beginning, a chance to honor Uncle Ben's memory and move forward to a new chapter...