♡5

It's been 3 days since Zayne's visit. I'm cooked up at home, slowly losing my mind.

I watched every movie I ever purchased and ate everything that was in my fridge. Layla couldn't visit because she's busy. However, she said she has big news to tell me.

Thinking over and over about the last mission when I got hurt, I came up with a theory. I know it would sound ridiculous, but what if the second wanderer tried to destroy the protocore we got from the first one? I mean, why would it try to step on it?

We got zero signal that a wanderer was nearby. Maybe we just didn't receive the signal, but that's a low chance since we located the first one. Wanderers aren't very smart. In my opinion, they just know how to kill others. I'm really going crazy aren't I?!

Sitting on the couch deep in my thoughts, I suddenly heard a knock on the door. Before I could even open the door, it swung open.

"Y/N!"

Nice, this is what I missed the most.

"Hey mom, dad, bug."

Without welcoming them in, my parents just came inside.

"Yeah, come right in. Feel at home."

Mika heard my sarcasm and sticked her tongue at me, I rolled my eyes at her while closing the door.

My little sister was just starting at me, like she saw a stranger.

"What are you staring at, bug?"

"You look like poop."

"Mika language!"

Mom was looking around the apartment like she was searching for something. When she turned around, mom automatically rushed to hug me.

"Gosh baby, how are you? Dad and I were so worried about you. Sorry we couldn't come and visit you sooner, we had a lot of work these days."

I tried to break free from the hug.

"I'm okay, mom. I'm just sick, so please distance yourself."

Dad came by my side, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Got dragged on ground, kiddo?"

He slightly laughed. I just smiled at him. Yeah, what a thing to be happy about. But thanks God, he didn't take my accident too seriously. However, mom obviously made a fuss about it.

"Stop it, honey, it's no joke! She could've got really hurt."

Mom hit dads arm. He looked at me and made the 'opss' face.

"Mom, please, my job includes injuries for your knowledge. If you come back from mission unscratched, you either are lucky or didn't fight at all."

"That's why I told you, baby, being a hunter is too dangerous for you. But you just never listen."

I walked back to the couch and sat down. I knew where this conversation was going.

"What? Do you want me to stay home and hold your hand every day? Is that what you want?"

Mom just scoffed and sat next to me. Dad signalled that he is not participating in this convo, leaving just me to deal with mom again.

"No, but you could come work in our company. At least there you wouldn't get hurt. I wouldn't have to worry about you."

See! I knew this was behind her visit. She just brought dad and Mika along with her to make it look like a normal visit. She wanted to talk with me to come back and work in the pastry shop.