5. I love you, but I've chosen darkness

Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
Welcome to the final show
Hope you're wearing your best clothes
You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky
You look pretty good down here
But you ain't really good

Lucas had followed Karen to the hospital for her appointment and he sat there almost shaking his legs as Karen was reading a newspaper. She looked up from it and eyed her son, "Lucas, you know you don't have to come to every check-up with me" she told him, but Lucas smiled and laughed a little. " It's okay, Mom, I want to," he tells her. Karen drops the newspaper into her lap.

"Lucas, why are you coming to every check-up with me?" she asks him and Lucas looks back at his mother. "Would Keith be at every checkup?" he asks back and Karen thinks for a moment before nodding her head. "Probably, yeah"

"Well then, there's your answer" Lucas chuckled a looked away before Karen's name was called, she placed a hand on his knee looking at her son. " Go to schools, kid.....You're makin' me nervous" Karen tells him making Lucas chuckle as he watches his mother walk away. 

Lucas walked in the hallways of the hospital having to walk near the emergency room to leave the hospital but he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw a very familiar head of blonde curly hair. "Peyton?" he called out worried about not seeing her face properly but he did know that jacket and what he could see was a very banged-up face making him more worried. The girl turns around and Lucas sees it's not Peyton. "Uh--oh, I--I'm sorry, I thought you...." he looked at the jacket and pointed to it "That's my friend's jacket" 

The girl took it off and threw it at him, "Take it! Get out" she snapped at him wanting to be left alone, she ripped the blonde hair off and it was now clear it was a wig. "Who did this to you?" he asked her but she just shook her head. " Nobody, I'm just clumsy, that's all," she tells him but Lucas leaves not really buying that story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nope.." Isabelle sighed and ripped out the paper from her notepad and crumbled it up before throwing it away. She was currently trying to write something new and it didn't exactly go the way she wanted, then the phone rang so Isabelle threw down the pen and answered it seeing it was Haley.

"Haley?" she could hear some sniffing on the other end and she could hear Haley take a deep breath. "I told him" she then said. 

"You told Nathan?" Isabelle repeated to make sure she had heard Haley right, "Yeah..." 

"Well, how did he take it?" Isabelle asked but she was fearing she kinda had guessed the answer based on how Haley sounded. "He left.. said he had to go and he walked out" Isabelle closed her eyes and sighed. Damnit Nathan she thought. 

"Okay Haley, let's take this one thing at the time. We both know sometimes Nathan needs a moment to cool off and collect his thoughts. I'll meet you at school and we'll take it from there alright?" she could hear Haley sigh but Isabelle couldn't see her nodding her head before replying. "Yeah... okay" 

For a moment after hanging up Isabelle laid back in her bed and groaned loudly rubbing her hands over her face, why could they not just be regular teenagers? just have some joy in their lives without being knocked down.