Cordially Invited

Start from the beginning

(Whitley forces a sarcastic grin with a smug chuckle, then rolls his eyes as he turns to lead them into the foyer. Scattered around the room are small groups of formally dressed guests. Waiters roam the room with trays of wine glasses and hors d'oeuvres. Whitley stops in the middle of the room, turns to Ironwood's group and points to his right)

Whitley: For those of you joining us in the dining room, please follow me.

(He walks in the direction he pointed, crossing his arms behind his back. Ironwood, Winter, Megatron, Penny and Clover follow. Clover glances back at the others)

Clover: Wish us luck.

Qrow: I mean, they already invited you, didn't they?

(We enter into the big dinning room)

Jacques: General Ironwood, please... have a seat.

Megatron: (thinking if I don't kill this argument ass at the end then I'll be amazed)

(Jacques is standing on the other side of the room at the head of a long dining room table, and he opens his arms in invitation. Sitting to either side of him are Sleet and Camilla. On the left side of the room, Robyn Hill is standing by a window, staring outside with her arms crossed. Ironwood nods to Megatron Clover and Winter, who then take their seats on either side of the end of the table nearest to them. Penny takes a seat next to Winter)

Ironwood: Councilman Sleet, Councilwoman Camilla.

(Ironwood takes a seat at the end of the table)

Robyn: Councilwoman Hill would have had a nice ring to it. Though I suppose I should just be grateful I got invited to the table.

(Robyn takes a seat at the middle of the table)

Jacques: (chuckling) Miss Hill, that vigor of yours is precisely why we're grateful to have you with us tonight.

Ironwood: What is she doing here?

Jacques: What we're all doing here, James, addressing the concerns of our Kingdom, which means we have much to discuss.

Ironwood: Indeed. I was hoping we could start by--

Jacques: Are we safe with her here, by the way?

(Jacques looks over at Penny, who looks upset by his comment)

Jacques: I do recall some confusion regarding her involvement with that horrific massacre. And him that brut because I do recall him threatening my life.

(I grab and shake my hand in rage)

Ironwood: (defensively) As the official report stated, that footage was doctored. Penny is completely under my control. And Megatron is no threat. Right Megatron.

Megatron: yes of course general.

Jacques: well I think it's concerning, I think.

(Penny grows even more upset, tensing up her shoulders and looking down)

Ironwood: Concerning?

(A waiter and a waitress enter the room, carrying trays with plates of food)

Jacques: Let's talk about exactly what it is you control.

Sleet: The fact of the matter is, you've operated with a fair amount of autonomy for the past few years, James. But we need now is for you to work with us.

(Winter is tapping her finger on the table with a scowl on her face)

Ironwood: Sir, I have-

Camilla: It's obvious that no kingdom intends to declare war on Atlas. We had no involvement in the incident at Haven, we have proof our drones weren't acting on orders at Beacon. At this point, the closure of Atlas borders is only serving to hurt our relations with the rest of the world.