Alone in the Woods

Start from the beginning

Qrow: (waking up startled) What?

(Qrow looks around, seeing Ruby stand before him and then to the shattered bottle)

Qrow: Oh, right. Sunrise.

(Ruby's angry expression softens, and she hugs her uncle)

Ruby: You know, you can talk to me about stuff. Yang too.

Qrow: (hugging Ruby back) Let's just get outta here.

(Qrow gets up from the chair, with Ruby following him)

(Later on, the group moves outside. Weiss is seen using Myrtenaster to weld a metal ball to a makeshift trailer hitch attached to Bumblebee. Weiss, Blake, Yang, Qrow and Oscar's pupils appear to be dilated, while Ruby's are their usual size)

Weiss: There.

(Oscar and Blake and sitting on the porch steps and behind them Megatron who still hasn't spoken to any of them)

Oscar: Can we just go back to bed?

Blake: If we're all so tired, maybe we should make breakfast?

Oscar: You wanna make it?

Blake: Not really.

(Ruby and Qrow push the flatbed trailer behind Bumblebee. Once it's in position, Ruby walks up to Yang)

Ruby: You guys got the bike ready?

(Yang just gestures to it)

Megatron: Then let's leave.

Qrow: Well, it's done now. So let's hook this thing up and-

(Qrow rests his foot on the side of the trailer, and the tire on the opposite side goes flat. He groans in frustration before checking on the tire)

Maria: You people are just beacons for bad luck, aren't you?

Megatron: Yes we are.

(Frustrated, Qrow just walks over to a nearby fence post and sits on the ground. Yang also sits on the ground by the well)

Yang: I'm starting to think the universe just doesn't want us getting to Atlas.

Ruby: (sighs) It's just a flat tire, I'm sure there's a spare.

Yang: It's not just that, it's everything. Storms, crashes, monsters... (sighs) I'm so tired.

Blake: Me too. It feels like we're always having to fight to get by.

Ruby: Yeah. But that's what we signed up for.

Megatron: (thinking something isn't right i then feel something in my head but I just shake my head)

Oscar: We signed up to try and save the world, not just... delay the inevitable.

Weiss: Last night, I... (putting a hand on her arm) I couldn't stop thinking - why are we even going to Atlas?

(Everyone shares troubled looks)

Ruby: Weiss, we have to.

Yang: Why? (standing back up) Ozpin hid the Relics behind giant doors under enormous schools, but... how long would it take Salem to find a Lamp in the middle of nowhere?

Ruby: But? The Grimm might-

Yang: They'd find it eventually, sure, but bury it or just throw it down the well, it would take years. It might not even happen in our lifetime. But we could be done with it now.

(Ruby detaches the Relic of Knowledge from her belt, glancing at it before looking up at her teammates, who appear to all have dazed looks as if they were in a trance. Ruby stares at the Relic one more time before walking over to the well)