Chapter Four

AUHTOR: 

AUHTOR: 

Make sure to voteeeeeeeeeeeeee

After a week at St. Mary's School, I couldn't deny that I was feeling a bit grimy. The strict schedule and constant academic pressure had left me with little time for basic self-care. Today, I couldn't ignore it any longer, and I decided it was high time I took a shower.

Penelope was fast asleep in her own world, and I didn't want to disturb her. So, I quietly gathered my toiletries and clothes, draping a towel over my shoulder, and crept towards the girls' shower room.

The door creaked slightly as I opened it, but Penelope remained in blissful slumber. I made my way across the building to the shower room, realising that I hadn't used it until now.

The girls' shower room was different from what I was used to. The idea of showering nakedly in front of others was foreign to me, and I much preferred the privacy of my own bathroom. But the necessity of cleanliness outweighed my reservations.

I pushed the door open and flicked on the lights, revealing a series of shower stalls. I settled my toiletries onto an empty counter, then began to undress, shedding my clothes before stepping under the warm stream of water.

As the soothing water washed away the grime and stress of the past week, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief and renewal.

The warm water cascaded over me, its gentle embrace soothing my tired body. I stood beneath the showerhead, letting the steam fill the small stall, enveloping me in a cocoon of tranquility. The aroma of my favorite lavender shampoo filled the air as I poured it into my palm, working it into a lather that would cleanse away the stress of the past week.

Just as I began to massage the fragrant suds into my hair, I thought I heard a faint noise—something like a soft rustling.

My senses sharpened, and I strained to listen, but the sound was fleeting and distant.

It was probably just the old pipes, I reasoned with myself. The school building was undoubtedly full of quirks and peculiarities. With that thought, I dismissed the noise and returned to my shower, determined to enjoy this moment of solitude.

I continued to work the shampoo through my hair, savouring the feeling of my scalp being massaged by the foamy lather. Once satisfied, I rinsed it away, allowing the water to wash the suds down my body and swirl at my feet.

Eventually, I rinsed the conditioner away, feeling my hair become silky and smooth under the warm water. The last step was to clean my body, and I reached for my soap, its clean, fresh scent enveloping me as I lathered up my skin.

I closed my eyes and let the sensation of the water and soap wash over me, appreciating this simple act of self-care.

Switching off the shower, I wipe my eyes and go onto to grab the towel from the counter-only to realise-I couldn't feel anything. I shoot my eyes open and they widen as I see my stuff has been taken, I look around and cover my breasts.