03

As Karishma stood there, watching Haseena go. Lost in thought, she didn't notice khala approaching her until she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Kahan khoi hui ho Karishma,?"

Startled, Karishma turned to face her khala, her mind was still preoccupied with the events of the day. "Oh, Kuch b ni Khala," she replied softly. "hamen job mil gye ha."

"Really congratulations that's great." khala said with a smile to which Karishma responded with a thankyou.

Khala studied her for a moment before nodding, "Alright, Karishma mujy lagta ha Tum thak gye ho. ja kr aarm kro,"

"Thank you, Khala," She reached out and took Ruhi's hand, headed towards upstairs.

Okay, Ruhi," Karishma said gently, as she led her to a chair. " jab tak ap yahan batho hum ap ky liyay Kuch yummy yummy bnaty hn."

As Ruhi sat patiently, Karishma busied herself in the kitchen, preparing dinner. Once the meal was ready, Karishma plated it up and carried it over to Ruhi.

"Aani ap ko pta ha aj sky ny kia kiyah?" Ruhi asked, with excitement.

Karishma chuckled, and forward her a bite "acha tw kia kiyah sky ny, Ruhi?" she asked, playing along.

Ruhi leaned in closer, as if sharing a secret. "Well, today Sky tried to imitate the sound of the doorbell, Ding dong, ding dong," she exclaimed, mimicking the sound with exaggerated gestures.

Karishma burst into laughter at Ruhi's antics,  "Really? ho skta ha sky bi new guest ko welcome krna chata ho."

"Yeah, maybe Sky wants to be a doorbell bird!" she said, giggling uncontrollably.

After finishing their meal, Karishma guided Ruhi to her bed,  As Ruhi settled down, Karishma lay beside her, wrapping her arms around her in a comforting embrace. As Karishma lay beside Ruhi, she gently brushed her hair away from her face, a tender smile gracing her lips. "You miss Muma, don't you, Ruhi?" she asked softly.

Ruhi nodded, "Yes. I want Muma to come here, wo kab Ayn gi."

Karishma's heart melted at Ruhi's words, and she hugged her tighter, "wo bs Kal ya parsun tak aa jyn gi," Karishma placed a gentle kiss on Ruhi's forehead.

Ruhi snuggled closer to Karishma, "kia wo hmry liyay chocolates Lyn gi?"

Karishma chuckled softly, her heart warmed by Ruhi's innocence. "Of course, she will! aur srf chocolates ni bht sary toys bi. par ab Soo jao aaram sy."

Karishma suddenly heared a faded sound from outside. she got up from the bed and made her way towards the window. However, as she reached the window and listened intently, the sound seemed to fade away, leaving her with nothing but silence. Karishma looked around., but there was no sign of what she had heard.

She came back and laid again, she pulled Ruhi  more closer but despite the peace Karishma found herself lost in thought, her mind was consumed by the events of the day. She replayed the encounter with Haseena, "unhun ny Kuch kha kiyun ni jab hum smj rhy ty ky wo Kuch bol ni skti." she thought to her self.

_____________________________________

Next morning......

In the morning, Karishma woke up early, excited for her first day at work. She quickly freshened up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for herself and Ruhi. than she came downstairs thinking of request to khala to take care of Ruhi today. Karishma greeted her khala, who was already busy in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Khala," Karishma said with a smile.

Khala greeted her back warmly. As they talked, Karishma asked Khala to take care of Ruhi for the day, and Khala happily agreed and assured her not to worry about her.