15. Misconceptions and Marriages

Start from the beginning

" Nakul you fool! When did a kanya become dan. Lakshmi is not dan, she is prosperous. What idiocy were you committing. You know, for a fact that Mata asks all of her children to share anything they receive equally.  If instead of me, you were greeted by Mata, what would we have done? Murkh. " She said, twisting his ear.

" Putri? Who's there? " asked Kunti.

" Mata. Arjun, has come from Kampilya with a girl. " She told her mother.

" Who are you dear. My brothers are idiots. What is your name? " She asked the sweet girl.

" My name is Draupadi. I am Maharaj Drupad's youngest daughter. Your brother Arjun, has won my swayamvar, and has earned the right to marry me. " She said, bending to touch her feet.

" Rukiye Raajkumari. First you must earn mata's blessings. "

The two bent down to touch their mother's feet, happy to meet them.  " Saubhagyavati bhav putri. "

The two went around their elders, from Karn, to Karunika, then Yudhishthir and Bheem, earning their love and aashirvad.

"  Jyeshtha. What is your name? I have heard  aryaputr only calls  you  Jyeshtha while your Jyeshth calls you kumari.

" My name is Karunika rajkumaari. " She told her, already loving her bhabhi.

" Jiji. I wish to call you jiji. " She said softly.

"That's alright. Jyeshth. Where is my Yuvraj? " Karunika asked worried.

" Arre jyeshtha. Why do you worry so. He's alright. But Jyeshtha, bhabhishree has one elder sister named Shikhandini. What if Yuvraj gets married to her? After all, the one stopped by bhrata Krishn has something or the other in store. Don't you remember. He made bhrata Arjun into a girl? " Sahdev said laughing, while everyone laughed, Arjun glared at Sahdev, but Karunika, her heart stopped. It was true that she loved him, and he loved her too. But could love stand in the way of niyati? "

" Nakul. I may have made Arjun into a girl, but Jyeshtha will personally make me into a donkey and make me take rounds all around Dwarika if I don't return her Yuvraj back to her on time. " Said a voice, and all of them turned around, to see Krishn, the murlidhar, murari, narkantak, keshav, Govind. He, the one who wears pitambar vastr, with gold adorning his body, and kajal lining his eyes. Yet the dark skinned man's best feature, was the morpankh, which invites the beauty of the world to reside in it.

" Avashy. I'll do it if you ask Krishn. But first. " She said, and walked up to him, smiling and then lifted both hands up, as if to bless him, grabbed both his ears and twisted them in opposite directions.

" Ahh! Jyeshtha kshama. Kshama jyeshtha. " He said, grabbing her hands and pining them away from his ears, while the brothers laughed and the Yuvraj laughed. However, the princess was sad. She looked up and said, " Jiji, please leave my friend's ears. What has he done that you punish him so? "

" Kya kiya hai? Hmm. I'll tell you. Ek, for making my brother dress like a woman, and parading him around as that, making him a laughing stock. Secondly, this man. He knew I would be worried about the Yuvraj. He still kept him longer than necessary. I am quite sure he was the one who told Nakul to tease me about Rajkumari Shikhandini. " She said, laughing and hugging her brother.

" Batao Krishn. How are you here? " She asked finally.

" Jyeshtha. I can't hear you. You twisted my ears so tightly. Maiya Yashoda ka smaran ho aya. " He said, laughing.

She turned around to look at her Yuvraj, who was smiling fondly at her, no matter who was laughing. Blushing, she looked away, and invited him to sit.

" Hmm. Jyeshtha. I have come here, because it is important for all of you to come back to the world. By now, everyone in Aryavart knows you are alive. You cannot hide anymore. "

" Yathart Dwarikadheesh. " Said Bhagwan Vyas, coming to the hut. All of you must return, first to Kampilya for Arjun and Putri Draupadi's marriage, then head to Hastinapur.

" But bhagwan, Mata does not want to return there. " Karn told them.

" Kuntibhoj Yuvraj Karn. You have responsibilities, so does Yuvraj Adam, and your anuj Yudhishthir, who is the Yuvraj of Hastinapur. You cannot think about your own desires to live in peace while all of the Aryavart suffers  from Dhritarashtr's sons deeds. "  Bhagwan said.

" Alright. We will move towards Kampilya for Rajkumar Arjun and Rajkumari Draupadi's marriage, post which, we will move to Hastinapur, where I will formally propose marriage for their elder daughter, Rajkumari Karunika. " Adam decided.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Arjun and Draupadi's marriage took place with pomp and show. Maharaj Drupad, was finally satisfied to know that his daughter was marrying one of the greatest archers of the world. With the news of the Pandav brothers and their  family being alive, many kingdoms were sending either marriage proposals, or invitations for swayamvars for the Yuvraj.

Within the next year,  her brothers had found wives to support them, while she stood, watching proudly, as her Yuvraj went back to Vajji. He promised her, that he will return with his proposal soon, and take her away, to his home and love her for eternity.

Karn, her Jyeshth, accepted Kaikey Rajkumari Vrushali's proposal for marriage, making her the Yuvrani of Kuntibhoj, and her bhabhishree. The chandranshi proved herself to be a wise woman, and Karunika was satisfied.

Yudhishthir, her anuj brought back a gem from Sivi. He went there for her swayamvar, and was able to defeat the kings in a competition of morality earning her heart and hand in marriage.

Meanwhile, Bheem, invited to Kashi for a peace treaty, lost his heart to the Princess Valandhara, and their marriage was planned to take place by the beginning of the new year.

The pandavs and their wives, their sister and their mother all walked into Hastinapur with their heads held high.

Meanwhile, someone had decided to make Karunika a target for his lust, and was waiting for the right moment......

________________________________

Well, theirs that. They all got married. Yay. Well not all. I think people always confuse Kanyadan as kanya ka dan. It's not true. Kanyadan is a sandhi of two words, kanya ka adan, which means I am trusting you with my daughters happiness and security.

As always , please comment your opinions and vote. I eagerly wait for your responses. Shri krishn ki kaan khichai to abhi shuru hui hai. Aage aage dekho hota hai kya

Radhekrishn ❤